Home improvements - time the house had some TLC!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Just had a quote for a 2.3 x 2 m sliding patio door, triple glazed upvc, made to measure and including VAT and fitting £7k! Having a lie down.

gzoom

Über Member
Just had a quote for a 2.3 x 2 m sliding patio door, triple glazed upvc, made to measure and including VAT and fitting £7k! Having a lie down.

Someone is making a lot of ££££ on that quote. I’ve just checked what we paid end of last year, half that for aluminium doors. Triple glazing shouldn’t add that much. UPVC 2 meter slider should be around £2.5k fitted at most, at a push £3k, no where near £7k!!!

53577362285_bc0be5ff51_c_d.jpg

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Piddling it down all day so no riding :sad:
Resorted to cleaning the oven and steam cleaning the sofa arms , i will do the seat pads tomorrow when i am on lates and no one else in the house so they have more chance to dry .

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
That’s criminal , £2.5k maybe with fitting . Is probably more realistic . Thats what my Mother paid, think my Mother in law was a wee bit less . All in the last few years btw .

CXRAndy

Guru
A neighbour of mine, widow in her late 80s wanted an awning for her kitchen south facing window, being originally from Spain

She was quoted £4k . Thankfully she asked me and my wife was this reasonable. I told her I would do some research. I ended up doing the job for her and the 10ft remote electric awning cost £600 pounds at the time. I charged her nothing for my time.

She still going strong, just celebrating her 90th last year.

Drago

Legendary Member
Her kitchen window was from Spain?1

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
John are you going to rotate the drain cover to match the line of the paving, I presume you have already decided?

Yeah the cover is just loosely placed over the inspection chamber at the moment, I'll fettle that and get it as nicely aligned as I can before it's cemented in place :smile:

Top Bottom