Holiday plans. Do you have any?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Costa Del Sol instead?

Costa de la Luz appeals more. Seville a shortish train ride away and quieter and less brash is my impression.

vickster

Legendary Member
its more avoiding your average "Brits who go to Torremolinos" crowd :laugh:

apologies to anyone who regularly holidays in Torremolinos, I'm sure your lovely....

Just stay in a 5 star hotel :smile: Torremolinos is surprisingly nice in places!

Hicky

Guru
The beach near the ferry port for Gozo is sandy but it’s owned by a hotel(we’ve stayed before it was extended, at the time it was nice).
There’s a huge beach in melieha. Gozo is the place I’d go….beach tastic and the bays are glorious. The island isn’t that big that it cannot be explored in a day with a quad but large enough not to be bored.

Alex321

Veteran
The beach near the ferry port for Gozo is sandy but it’s owned by a hotel(we’ve stayed before it was extended, at the time it was nice).
There’s a huge beach in melieha. Gozo is the place I’d go….beach tastic and the bays are glorious. The island isn’t that big that it cannot be explored in a day with a quad but large enough not to be bored.

Yes, we stayed in that same hotel. Hired a car for several days, one of which we went over to Gozo. And agreed, if we ever went back, Gozo does look the nicer pace to stay.

There is also a fairly small sandy beach across the bay from the other side of the hotel. If you are a reasonably strong swimmer, you can swim from the hotel across to that bay and back (I did, one day).

Hicky

Guru
T
Yes, we stayed in that same hotel. Hired a car for several days, one of which we went over to Gozo. And agreed, if we ever went back, Gozo does look the nicer pace to stay.

There is also a fairly small sandy beach across the bay from the other side of the hotel. If you are a reasonably strong swimmer, you can swim from the hotel across to that bay and back (I did, one day).

From memory there was two hotels, one closer to the port entrance, the further away(Ramala) was ours.
100% Gozo, much prettier, we must return but when our daughter who’s currently 2 is older to cope with the sun.

Alex321

Veteran
T

From memory there was two hotels, one closer to the port entrance, the further away(Ramala) was ours.
100% Gozo, much prettier, we must return but when our daughter who’s currently 2 is older to cope with the sun.

Only one hotel that close - now called Paradise Bay hotel. But there are two just a little further away in Marfa, one of which is the Ramla, so I would guess that is where you stayed.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
but presumably Gozo is a bit of a fag for transfers as you fly into Malta and then drive to other end of Malta and ferry over?

Top Bottom