Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
Well, even taking it easy, a decent ride on stage 2 will have him win overall easily. :smile: But if Pete takes a stab at stage 6 again, things might change. :boxing:
Even with a PB up the Alpe on stage 6 I'll still be some way off @bridgy (assuming he gets around stage 3 this weekend). I'm out for a family party tonight, so a Sunday slog up the Alpe with a banging hangover tomorrow may be just what I'll need! xx(

Spreadsheet updated with all current results. @Nebulous has climbed off the bottom and @JuhaL has climbed a place :okay:

TdZ.png

Add

Diet starts tomorrow
My arguments fell on deaf ears Randy!

Relaxing now and watching a bit of rugby - although it's Ireland v England and all these Guinness adverts are really making me crave a beer! If I can resist I will have a go at the stage I missed later.

Need to keep an eye on what Lee's up to with the catch up rides as well though...
I succumbed to the urges....I’m 3 beers in already....

JuhaL

Guru
I was pretty satisfied my stage-3 race. In a London town i was in a group what fit very well my speed but few km before the climb i loose my speed bit too much and that group separated two pieces and i drop a bit first part of that group but that time i decided i won't give up and i catch first part of that group and rest of a group leave suddenly 30sec behind. I was bit of proud about myself that i catch them, too many times i have give up too easily.

kipster

Guru
As you can see, my time didn't improve on stage 8 today. :sad:

I joined the race late (not too) as always and was placed at the back. When the race, sorry ride, started I got caught in the pack for the first 400-500m or so, and they seemed to want to ride instead of race. Burnt quite a lot of matches and a powerup then bridging the gap to the group of 8 racers in the front, only to have them drop me on that little 5-6% "climb" from Parliament St. to Abingdon St. :cry:

Got caught by the next group some minutes later, which I rode with until some way up Box Hill, before I was dropped again! :wacko: Finished Box Hill in 8:32, which I think was better than Wednesdays best time. :wahhey:Worked hard to catch up on the downhill, but wasn't really worth the effort as the groups in front seemed pretty scattered after BH.

Hit the climb up BH 2nd time with a couple of guys which dropped me pretty quickly. But still managed to reach the top only around 5-10 seconds later than my Wednesday finish time, though the 2nd time up was around 50 seconds slower than the 1st. :cry: On the climb I was overtaken by one of your fellow countrymen, but I was able to catch him just after the top, and the two of us rode more or less together until the foot of BH again. Even though we are the same weight, and he's C cat on ZP, he beat me by almost 1 minute that 3rd time up BH. :eek: :surrender:

Got overtaken by 3 others going up as well, and 3rd time up was another 10-15 seconds slower than my lap 2 time. :sad: The only consolation was, that they were a bit lighter than me. Well one of them quite a bit, 25 kg to be exact. :smile:

Had planned to do another make up ride tomorrow. But looking at the spreadsheet, I can't pinpoint a stage where it would be beneficial for the overall ranking. Paul (& son) are the closest, but most stages we are within 1-3 minutes, except stage 1 and 4. I don't think I can do those two much, if any, faster with the low number of participants in the re-runs! Will have to see if he improves his times considerably before making a decision! :smile:
My son did stages 1 & 4 so they are the ones I'll be redoing tomorrow and Monday. I don't think I'll make enough on those two to catch you.

JuhaL

Guru
4 seconds faster than me!!!! It's getting silly how close some of the times are between us today :okay: Well done @Aleman

I was thinking about re-doing stage 4 tomorrow at some time. Wasn't expecting to better my previous time as legs will be a bit tired. Not sure though, will see how I feel tomorrow :tongue:
I was 14sec faster than you in stage-3. I assume that you ride stage-3 tomorrow? :tongue:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
My son did stages 1 & 4 so they are the ones I'll be redoing tomorrow and Monday. I don't think I'll make enough on those two to catch you.

Ah yes, Monday is make up day as well. Will have to watch out then, and see if I have to drop my normal Monday race (Danish Bike Riders Winter Series).

Will have to watch Dean and Lee's improvements/runs too!! :wacko:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I could probably claw 4 mins from stage 2 but i dont know if it will make a difference, with a few CCs not completed all events yet, so it might be a futile exercise :biggrin:

JuhaL

Guru
I could probably claw 4 mins from stage 2 but i dont know if it will make a difference, with a few CCs not completed all events yet, so it might be a futile exercise :biggrin:
That is a stage i would like to hit with my tooth and nails too. That is only stage where my avg power is under 200w (199). I believe i can bite 2min off that 1:02:30 what is my time for now.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I was 14sec faster than you in stage-3. I assume that you ride stage-3 tomorrow? :tongue:
I'm tempted to re-ride stage 7 again at 2:30 tomorrow. It's a long one at 1hr 40mins but I struggled last time up the Innsbruck climb second time around so maybe I can hold more power this time. Not many riders so drafting will be limited which could impact speed through town. Worth a punt though?

JuhaL

Guru
I'm tempted to re-ride stage 7 again at 2:30 tomorrow. It's a long one at 1hr 40mins but I struggled last time up the Innsbruck climb second time around so maybe I can hold more power this time. Not many riders so drafting will be limited which could impact speed through town. Worth a punt though?
I don't know does it make these stages any easier after we are ride them once and know the nature of them. Sure we know what part was weak those stages when we ride them first time but can we ride any smarter second time. When i ride stage-7 i lost my time in a town. If i ride faster in a town second time how much i burn matches that climb. second time it's easier abandon event if it doesn't feel good.

Top Bottom