Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Signed up for a ZRS crit race later at 17:40 = I'm in D group and whilst I'm on paper the strongest sprinter so far, I'm way down on the 20 minute power so I'd be surprised if I get to the finish with the group. Could easily be dropped in the first couple of laps, but we'll see. Anyone fancy joining me?

alex_cycles

Veteran
Signed up for a ZRS crit race later at 17:40 = I'm in D group and whilst I'm on paper the strongest sprinter so far, I'm way down on the 20 minute power so I'd be surprised if I get to the finish with the group. Could easily be dropped in the first couple of laps, but we'll see. Anyone fancy joining me?

Already raced today. After my poor mountain performance yesterday I was allowed in the "up to 525" group for the Pinarello race which I did this morning. Let's just say that I did my thing on Hilly KoM. I didn't win, got 2nd but it was a lot of fun. I'm back above 525 though :laugh: (527.74)

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I watched Carl's event. Most of the leaders were on the old C cat threshold nudging B.

At your current form Carl you were completely out gunned

1000015695.jpg

Whorty

I watched Carl's event. Most of the leaders were on the old C cat threshold nudging B.

At your current form Carl you were completely out gunned

View attachment 746882

There were strong, 4 w/kg string, B riders in the pen pushing the pace. The top Cs just needed to hold wheels and do no work - same as the old sandbagging race days when Bs would join C races. 4 1/2 mins, partway through lap 2, I just didn't have the legs to hang on any more.
There were 3 riders behind me, they caught me and I couldn't be bothered to hold on to them once the pack was about to lap us so I just tried to keep my power steady and above 200 watts.

My ZRS score is virtually the same as the riders that lapped me - really does make a mockery of the scoring and seeding. I really hope the reset is more realistic and looks at results more and less on power numbers.

steverob

Guru
Isn't part of the problem that the results portion of the ranking only changes if you're doing ZRS races? So people who mainly race non-ZRS events (which are 98% of races) won't see any great changes in their scores. But then they'll do a one-off ZRS race and might be in a completely inappropriate pen because their score isn't true to their other results.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Isn't part of the problem that the results portion of the ranking only changes if you're doing ZRS races? So people who mainly race non-ZRS events (which are 98% of races) won't see any great changes in their scores. But then they'll do a one-off ZRS race and might be in a completely inappropriate pen because their score isn't true to their other results.

That is also changing. ZRS is being rolled out MUCH MORE WIDELY.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **

If I understand James Baileys comment below most races count towards the ZRS, not just ZRS-based races. Clear as mud.

IMG_1018.jpeg

Whorty

The problem for me personally is the initial seed value and the inability to drop below 15% of that. In yesterdays Crit city race I was lapped by the pack - I've never been lapped before in the city (although I was in a Cyclopath crit race 2 weeks ago). My ZRS was 338 - every one who lapped me had a lower or similar ZRS score to me.

With the reset my ZRS has gone back to 397. So despite coming last in pretty much every race this past 2 months, and getting trounced in ZRS races, they have upped my score again.

Makes the whole score a farce.

I am talking to Zwift about it. Totally ruined racing for me, at least in ZRS races.

13 rider

Guru
I'm baffled by zrs score mine has gone down to 347 so back below 350 and my last 2 races results are a win and 4th and my average w/kg for the last 3 races is 3w/kg and I'm in the bottom cat in Alex races ,
During the last race the spread of abilities in this group was staggering ,as I in 4th place got to the leg snapper about 5km from the finish there was still people on the first climb

Whorty

I'm baffled by zrs score mine has gone down to 347 so back below 350 and my last 2 races results are a win and 4th and my average w/kg for the last 3 races is 3w/kg and I'm in the bottom cat in Alex races ,
During the last race the spread of abilities in this group was staggering ,as I in 4th place got to the leg snapper about 5km from the finish there was still people on the first climb

They’ve reset the seed and ignored previous races. Bonkers. So instead of using recent race data to set the seed, for me 338, they’ve just resorted to what it was previously.

They really are ruining the race experience

At 338 I’m getting dropped in minutes and lapped.

alex_cycles

Veteran
If I understand James Baileys comment below most races count towards the ZRS, not just ZRS-based races. Clear as mud.

View attachment 746898

Non ZRS power data for 30s and 10m efforts will count but results will not count towards ZRS.

All public races after 7th October will be ZRS. CE is dead.

Things like ZRL, FRR and Chasing Tour are private races so not affected.

Top Bottom