Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Massive weight loss in 7 days :laugh:

Digital weight loss is easy :laugh:

What's the route Alex next week?

So we've done flat and rolling. Next week is hilly. Roule ma Poule. So it starts with reverse Petit KoM and then we do it again at the end.
I remember when we did it in ZRL I got dropped after the aqueduc descent, then Carl and a handful of other riders caught up with me, we caught the lead group and I finished 4th but 3rd got a WKG DQ. Then I spent an uncomfortable night wondering if I would get a DQ.

I think the guy in 2nd place has been promoted out of my division. Or do you stay in because that was our division in the first round?
So it depends if he signed up to the races already or not. Because of the way the pen enforcement works, checking is only done at the time of signup (I know - it's stupid). So if he signed up to all the races in advance he can still race them in that pen. If not, it won't let him.
I'm changing it for next month so that the races won't all be published in advance to avoid this.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Well that's interesting and a pleasant surprise. Post race yesterday ZP showed my new ZRS as 356 (and I wasn't imagining that) but now it shows me as 344.7.

At least now I can be in a pen and hopefully not get lapped :laugh:

Excellent. I hope you will enjoy it more.

alex_cycles

Veteran
They must do some overnight adjustments because I went from 280 to 284 post-race but I’m 282 this morning.

They do. Usually the final result will be about 12 hours later. Apparently it incorporates all the DNFs and they need a couple of hours to ensure people haven't finished. So the final results can't be "as soon as you've finished" for that reason.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I think they just wanted to scare him because he's winning his league :laugh:

Is the league based on the time you ride rather than across all timezones?

Edit: ignore the question, just checked nd I can see it's by time zone

I'm 15th :wahhey:
Although last out of all riders who have done 2 rounds, but I won't let facts get in the way, I'm 15th out of 50 :laugh:

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Is the league based on the time you ride rather than across all timezones?

Edit: ignore the question, just checked nd I can see it's by time zone

I'm 15th :wahhey:
Although last out of all riders who have done 2 rounds, but I won't let facts get in the way, I'm 15th out of 50 :laugh:

It's finish points and separate per TZ
Points Structure
100, 90, 85, 80, 76, 72, 68, 65, 62, 59, 57, 55, 53, 51, 50, 49, 48, 47, 46, 45, 44, 43, 42, 41, 40, 39, 38, 37, 36, 35, 34, 33, 32, 31, 30, 29, 28, 27, 26, 25, 24, 23, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Whorty

Well, I didn't come last so that's a start. But how the heck did I manage to get dropped on a descent FFS? Second lap, I was hanging on so I knew I was likely to get shelled on the climb but I lost the back wheel coming into the descent and couldn't get back on. Tried to push on the climb but couldn't get anywhere near the rear rider.

Totally in the red with 2 riders chasing me and pushing higher w/kg. When they caught me I tried to hang on to them them but I'd gone too far into the red hanging on to the leaders and legs had nothing left.

Decent workout and 3rd ride in so many days so that's a positive. Definitely a rest day tomorrow (well, gym day :laugh: )

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a good race stage 2 Pinarello. NY perimeter loop.

Filled with mainly master, vets, handful of 50+riders. I lead the group over the first Harlem climb, hanging on for dear life on second lap. Managed to cling on with now small pack of 7 riders, but was at maximum and the subsequent rollers killed me. I eased and jumped onto the second group. I waited for the sprint finish, went early with aero boost.

ZP recorded me 5th from 35 starting. I think first 50+ finisher

View: https://youtu.be/rA_u6HypdOg?si=2kp-qoLcKs6mVRKp

Whorty

Had a good race stage 2 Pinarello. NY perimeter loop.

Filled with mainly master, vets, handful of 50+riders. I lead the group over the first Harlem climb, hanging on for dear life on second lap. Managed to cling on with now small pack of 7 riders, but was at maximum and the subsequent rollers killed me. I eased and jumped onto the second group. I waited for the sprint finish, went early with aero boost.

ZP recorded me 5th from 35 starting. I think first 50+ finisher

View: https://youtu.be/rA_u6HypdOg?si=2kp-qoLcKs6mVRKp

Well done Andy. Those rollers after the climb are nasty if already at the limits.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I just needed about another 30 secs before the descent, I could have sat on the pack to the finish.

I regrouped and saved something which was a good result for me

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
A lot of people don't like New York, but I used to really enjoy the 1-lap LaGuardia sprint races on Sunday nights. Excellent for getting a really short, intense effort in. Sometime I'd ride them flat out and just try for a 5-minute power best, sometimes I'd try to conserve energy as best I could at 350W and try to sprint at the end.

My endurance is pretty dismal at the moment - I lasted 14 minutes in the ZRL TTT on Tuesday - but I rode my club's hillclimb championship last night and my puncheur power seems fairly reasonable. I won, and although there were only six of us braving the terrible weather, my time would have won in 2023 and 2022, so it wasn't a completely hollow victory.

On Sunday, I'd ridden the Watership Down open hillclimb, and recorded 680W for 45s on the lower ramp (and hadn't faded too badly at the top, either!). I placed 21st out of 39. If I can persuade my wife to let me out to ride another open event or two before the closing date, I might be tempted to enter the National Championship in Northumberland at the end of October, to prop up the results table.
1726151481928.png

Top Bottom