Your ride today....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Saw this on my last ride... Been trying to work out what links cows and the hurricane (or is it a spitfire?).
Am i missing something or is someone just a fan of the Ayrshire airshow, above Ayr shore?

I've masked the phone numbers here, but i could put the question to James and Rob.
1000015874.jpg

Seems a small herd.

Last edited:
Farm animals eh, well I'm not gonna be outdone. The lurgy has loosened its grip a little, so managed a couple of rides today.
Morning jaunt on the trusty Triumph, just to limber up
1.jpg

Later, an afternoon ride along the canal aboard the trike. Some cattle and goats having a munch
2.jpg

And on the other side for the return journey, a few sheep
3.jpg

The canal is just up the road from the house, and has a 5k paved pathway, where I do most of my daily rides and walks. Can be a bit samey, but there's usually something of interest to see.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
How was the Travelodge experience with the bikes?

Fine. First night was as we travelled down, and nothing was said when we took three bikes and gear into the room. Last day, after four days riding (we left the car there), again nothing said, and the bikes were filthy. Fortunately, the mud was rock solid, and we only left grass clippings on the carpet from our shoes and bags. We were contemplating a jet wash before, but didn't fine one.

lazybloke

Found all the missing dragonflies; they're all down on Romney Marsh.
Had a fantastic 50 miler taking in the sights of Rye, Dungeness, Dymchurch and Appledore.

My face caught the sun... Well, i was irradiated by something
1000015886.jpg

Found all the missing dragonflies; they're all down on Romney Marsh.
Had a fantastic 50 miler taking in the sights of Rye, Dungeness, Dymchurch and Appledore.

My face caught the sun... Well, i was irradiated by something
View attachment 745651

Worked there at the power plant many moons ago. We were doing some pipe welding using automated orbital welding gear. Can still remember the sections of beach, quite eerie in their own way, with old shacks dotted along them, like no other place I've been to. The other thing I remember was all the safety checks going in there and when leaving - can't mess with that nuclear stuff.

lazybloke

Worked there at the power plant many moons ago. We were doing some pipe welding using automated orbital welding gear. Can still remember the sections of beach, quite eerie in their own way, with old shacks dotted along them, like no other place I've been to. The other thing I remember was all the safety checks going in there and when leaving - can't mess with that nuclear stuff.

Interesting place, and yes quite an eerie landscape. Have never been anywhere else like it.

Perhaps you knew my family friend who worked at the power stations... I've sent you a private message.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Headed out into thick mist this morning, a tangible memory of yesterday‘s cold and rain clinging to the hills. But the forecast was positive so I went out to Bowland via the trough road. I was accompanied by meadow pipits, swallows and stone chats. Once over the trough I plunged back into the mist toward Dunsop Bridge and an early cafe stop at Puddle Ducks. I was presented with two sausage rolls as they they felt they weren’t up to standard and I looked as though I needed it. Checking in the mirror they were probably right. The mist had finally burnt off as I took the Slaidburn road with crisp views over Hodder valley. I enjoyed the long climb up to Cross ‘o’ Greet which was looking epic today with Alpine like light. After some conversation at the summit I headed down through Wray. 81 km with 1275m of climbing.

Pictures are of the cobwebby foggy start, a rest on the trough road, the descent from Cross ‘o’ Greet and a headwater stream heading off the hills to the sea.
IMG_0745.jpeg

IMG_0747.jpeg

IMG_0748.jpeg

IMG_0750.jpeg

IMG_0751.jpeg

Last edited:

bluenotebob

Veteran
My second ride today is one that I must have done hundreds of times over the last 8 or 9 years. A gentle potter down the V3 Voie Verte from Mauron to the Lac Au Duc near Lézonnet – and then back again.

I needed just a few more kilometres this afternoon to pass 10,000km in 2024 and I’d have preferred to have done a different ride but that gusty NE wind meant that this was the best bet under the circumstances.

29km this afternoon – 41km for the day – and 10,018km for the year so far.

A rocky cutting for the old railway line, near Kermagero

Near Kermagero pic 2.JPG

A pleasant little picnic spot down by the river Yvel in Loyat, almost always occupied – but not today. The tree on the left is really impressive – not sure what it is .. I need to find my I-Spy book of Trees and look it up.

Picnic area S of Loyat pic 3.JPG

Top Bottom