Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

London Female

Über Member
The S3 takes amazing pictures. I've put my old camera out to grass because the phone is way better. Zoom is easy. Pinch fingers in middle of screen and then drag them apart to zoom in. Drag them together to zoom out. Double tap to get back to starting point :thumbsup:

I was going to buy a new camera but it seems most people take their pictures with their phone and they all look amazing. I need to upgrade my phone instead.

Rustybucket

Veteran
Well im currently using up my holiday - have been out on 2 rides so far this week.Trying to find a hilly 80mile route I can do regularly on a sat morning to improve my fitness. Been lucky with the weather two dryish days & not too cold. however alot of mist couldnt see anything from the top of Boxhill!

First ride abit of a disaster - my Garmin got confused again and crashed - It also didnt help I planned a route up single dirt tracks (wont be doing that again) There were some parts of the ride I liked so incorporated them in my ride today. Nearly happy with it now - just need to take 7ish mils off of it - then I can work on bringing up my average mph. Was happy with the 14mph today - got a bit lost round Dorking.

Overall my average HR % of Max was 75% - I reckon I can work much harder than this. My goal is to get my average mph up to 15 from 14 in 2 months. My back & knees are now killing thou, not used to doing 2 bigish rides in 2 days.
Ride 1: http://www.strava.com/activities/84567026
Ride 2: http://www.strava.com/activities/84811766

Last edited:

Peteaud

Veteran
Today's ride took me from Chard along the old railway line before heading across the bottom of the Blackdown Hills into Taunton. Missing most of the Traffic i re crossed the M5 motorway and down the quite back lanes working my way through the small hamlets dotted around South Somerset.

large.jpg

The Route

large.jpg

Looking down into Taunton Vale

large.jpg

The Mist was mostly gone leaving blue shy and sunshine.

large.jpg

Myself and @coffeejo of this parish know this place, and as we mentioned it the other day i had to take the pic :thumbsup:

large.jpg

As above :laugh:

large.jpg

Typical Somerset Sign

(Notice Ilminster can be either direction!!!! Depending on the amount of Scrumpy you have consumed :crazy:

large.jpg

Having climbed back up to the Fivehead ridge this is the view back down

large.jpg

The old railway line (The Stop Line) you can see an old railway bridge in the distance.

large.jpg

The Machine :wub:

all in all 38 miles and all in warm weather. 1 hour after i got home it started to rain :rain: so i was lucky.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Today's ride took me from Chard along the old railway line before heading across the bottom of the Blackdown Hills into Taunton. Missing most of the Traffic i re crossed the M5 motorway and down the quite back lanes working my way through the small hamlets dotted around South Somerset.

large.jpg

The Route

large.jpg

Looking down into Taunton Vale

large.jpg

The Mist was mostly gone leaving blue shy and sunshine.

large.jpg

Myself and @coffeejo of this parish know this place, and as we mentioned it the other day i had to take the pic :thumbsup:

large.jpg

As above :laugh:

large.jpg

Typical Somerset Sign

(Notice Ilminster can be either direction!!!! Depending on the amount of Scrumpy you have consumed :crazy:

large.jpg

Having climbed back up to the Fivehead ridge this is the view back down

large.jpg

The old railway line (The Stop Line) you can see an old railway bridge in the distance.

large.jpg

The Machine :wub:

all in all 38 miles and all in warm weather. 1 hour after i got home it started to rain :rain: so i was lucky.
:highfive:

matthat

Über Member
Going to type this the other way round! My proposed ride today is off to two mills (eureka bike cafe) I'm meeting my workmate at 10.30 in woolton then we shall ride towards runcorn over the bridge and out via frodsham and helsby towards deeside then cut round to two mills! Pit stop for lunch then either head down the spine of the wirrall towards Birkenhead and get train through the drainpipe (mersey tunnel) and then head out of town home! proposed mileage 40-50 miles straight there and back 60-70 miles with a scenic de tour. No strava or pics today as i smashed phone last week so i'm back to basics with an old loaned nokia!
Finished up with 60 miles all in!!

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
19 miles with the girls and a mate, nice easy ride till we came to the last 4 miles, there is a segment i am trying to get a better time on, Tony led me out for about a third of a mile then i went for it, but i was still a few seconds short of my best time, will try again next time we go that way.^_^
The girls managed to equall there best time so that was good.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
40 damp and then soggy miles with my cycling group to the Monks' Yard near Ilminster for a delicious bacon and egg sandwich. Bit of a mixed ride. Felt down and low before we started, then became quite anxious which turned into a full blown attack. Somehow managed to cycle through it and started to feel better once we'd stopped and got some coffee inside me and forced myself to have something to eat, despite feeling a bit sick from all the adrenalin. Got soaked on the ride home but it was so nice to have my head vaguely back in one piece that I really didn't mind. Chain dried and oiled, clothes hung up to drip and dry. Not sure if my shoes ever will...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom