Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not wanting to hijack this thread too much [in penance will do a ride tomorrow with pics] it is safer to say we have had riders on the forum ride from Lancashire, Yorkshire, Warwickshire, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, either Hampshire or West Sussex [User13710], Nottinghamshire, Lincolnshire and Leicestershire [I may have missed one or two] :smile:.

compo

Veteran
I have just done a 15 mile loop around the lanes. Most of them are absolutely clear of snow and slush. One part of the ride is near to home and adjacent to a common, then a steep dip into an underpass and a climb out the other side. This road is traffic free so hasn't been treated. I rode it yesterday on my MTB but today I was on my hybrid with it's slick 700c tyres. What a difference to the MTB's big knobbly tyres. I was all over the place. At the dip into the underpass I admit to chickening out and walking the bike down the slope and up the other side, same on the return trip. Overall, a good ride though.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Twenty five mile loop taking in Otley to sample the pork pies of Middlemiss butchers in Market Street, Poole in Wharfedale and Harewood.

Pie was served warm. It had lightly spiced meat with just the right amount of jelly. The filling filled the pie whose crust was firm and had just the right amount of bite resistance. A worthy alternative to Weegmans' pies from round the corner.

8/10

uploadfromtaptalk1359047441398.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359047463629.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Day off today, so no commute.

Just been out for a quick 22 miles with a stop for lunch (at the end of the ride) at Polocini's Cafe in Romiley. Quick spin out round Adlington and its trying to Snow out there. Very cold ride, so two coffee's later and a chicken salad sandwich, I had defrosted.

Oh and a new years resolution complete - joined a club - now part of Polocini Test Team. ^_^ Met one of the club members in there, and I'm positive he posts on here too ! DoctorNige ? Also think there are a couple of regulars here that are in the same club.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Day off today, so no commute.

Just been out for a quick 22 miles with a stop for lunch (at the end of the ride) at Polocini's Cafe in Romiley. Quick spin out round Adlington and its trying to Snow out there. Very cold ride, so two coffee's later and a chicken salad sandwich, I had defrosted.

Oh and a new years resolution complete - joined a club - now part of Polocini Test Team. ^_^ Met one of the club members in there, and I'm positive he posts on here too ! DoctorNige ? Also think there are a couple of regulars here that are in the same club.

:eek: But but but, red polka dots won't match with your Herety :whistle:

potsy

Rambler
You usually drive there don't you? :whistle:

Think Binbag is a member though he hardly posts on here any more.

Same as Fossy 22 miles in very cold interesting conditions, managed to get a few snaps just before the camera batteries died and the snow arrives, not that we need anymore.
2013_01_25007_zps0e421200.jpg

Still a touch on the chilly side
2013_01_25006_zps3e495205.jpg

Yes I thought this was real too! We do posh round here when it comes to scarecrows
2013_01_25005_zps7b260307.jpg

This is Edmundthorpe, a couple of villages away and this road tested my bike handling skills on 23mm tyres at 120 psi :smile:
2013_01_25002_zps558b2357.jpg

Parked my bike inside the tree centre of this picture, will post up a couple of pics in a new thread in cafe,
"in praise of trees, your photos"

back from just over 22m of sheer hard work - why can't I have a tail wind just once please? How can I cycle in a large loop/circuit and never had a tailwind? Its not like it was up and back down the same road which I could understand...
Into town to collect prescription (head wind & snowing), upto local chemist (head wind & not snowing) and then instead of taking the short route (read 1 mile) home, I went off in search of some climbs (found them, headwind and snowing again)... glad the roads were quiet, up & over the top the wind picked up something chronic (not to mention throwing hail sized hardened bullets at me called snowflakes) was all I could do to stay in the middle of the lane. Still got lots of support for some mobile repair force repairing a road, including them holding back 4 cars just so I didn't have to stop and they were cheering me on no end. Also strangley got 2 QOM's on strava - can only be that I am the only female to have ridden them - it was not a quick day. 22 miles at 12.8mph... well not too bad for me at the end of a long week & 2 QOM's plus 1*3rd fastest time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom