Your ride today.... (part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul J

Went out for and did a 31.5 miles in a windy North Cambs (took a wrong turn), sometimes wish for hills. The farmers busy out cutting the crops so plenty of wildlife about. I also saw an Apache attack helicopter, don't know where they are based.
Google Map

Did a fast 10 miler to see if the new wheels were any good, they certainly are:biggrin: but on a blind corner I was confronted by a man in a van on my side of the road, It is quite a sharp bend and I was travelling about 10mph, and just touched the rear brake as the front brake would have put me off right in front of the van, travelling at speed and even though I only touched the brake, as it was new it locked up straight away and the rear end stepped out, I did manage to keep control and the bike just responded lovely once the brake was off and I went past the van comfortably, the van did stop and appologise as he was on the phone to his boss...hands free, but nonetheless a great ten miler today thouroughly enjoyed it

alans

black belt lounge lizard
My ride today was short & sweet at a very pedestrian pace in marvellous weather on a neglected Langster.
My head enjoyed it,my legs&lungs less so in places:laugh:

gavgav

Legendary Member
A great day involving a ride on the Severn Valley Railway (with bikes stored in the Guard's Van) from Bewdley to Bridgnorth and then cycling the 23 miles back down the Mercian Way from Bridgnorth to Bewdley via Chelmarsh, Hampton Loade, Alveley, Arley & the Wyre Forest, with Rickshaw Phil of this parish and his brother Doug. We had glorious sunny weather and had an unscheduled 20 minute pit stop to fix a double puncture on Doug's rear wheel! He described it as suddenly hearing a hissing, then a flapping and then oh bugger!!!

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
As per Gavgav's post, a great day out riding down the Severn Valley. We were at Bewdley for the first train of the day (hauled by Churchward's "small prairie" 4566, for those who are interested) and spent the afternoon on a leisurely ride back.
2057-9241356f2d24b5940e36a6755c878c26.jpg

I have a bit of a history with rides in the Bridgnorth area so decided to use the knockabout bike to avoid anything happening to the Raleigh, especially as it is newly fettled.

Getting on the train took a while as we had to wait for a 6 foot tall fridge to be loaded into the guards van first. The ride itself was good although we had to face an unexpected road closure at Eardington followed by a quagmire pretending to be a path, a skittish horse and a double puncture at Chelmarsh.
2047-ee2e9640a87434184f44bc4ad14c783d.jpg

After a lunch stop at the Severn Valley Country Park we enjoyed a fast descent into Arley (34mph. The fastest I've gone on the knockabout bike I believe) followed by a long slog up the other side of the valley.

The Wyre Forest was nice, with a long, fairly fast descent followed by 2 miles of flat path on an old railway trackbed.

Finally we were back to Bewdley and loading the bikes in the car to head home. I've made an album with more pictures here. There are captions so you don't have to guess what you're looking at.:thumbsup:

Standoff

Broke 19 mph average on my normal thirty mile loop. Quite elated because that is fast for me but there's a nagging feeling that I didn't take in the scenery on what was a great evening!

Mike Warren

Another beautiful day so a ride to Wylam and back. 62 miles in the sunshine.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Well i did get a real ride out in the end.Had to drop my eldest off at Brownies so i took the fixie and went across Astley moss over to the Manchester ship canal in Irlam.Evening was stunning and it was just what i required to clear the cob-webs.
As ever i took a camera !
23's off roading..actually this is a proper road !
107-1.jpg

Crops in the sunshine
051-1.jpg

Manchester ship canal
059-1.jpg

Plants and bugs
077-1.jpg

084-1.jpg

090-1.jpg

Sunset
102-1.jpg

postman

Squire
What can i say about visiting my favourite place in Yorkshire,Langstrothdale.
Let the train take the strain,so rode into Leeds and for £8-60p got a ticket to take me and my bike to and back from Skipton,so cutting down on mileage,A superb 46 mile round trip Skipton to Yockenthwaite in good sunny conditions.Scenery fantastic.
php9ETrXoPM.jpg
php66aQpHPM.jpg
phpkyHY0APM.jpg

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Well i did get a real ride out in the end.Had to drop my eldest off at Brownies so i took the fixie and went across Astley moss over to the Manchester ship canal in Irlam.Evening was stunning and it was just what i required to clear the cob-webs.
As ever i took a camera !
23's off roading..actually this is a proper road !
107-1.jpg

Crops in the sunshine
051-1.jpg

Manchester ship canal
059-1.jpg

Plants and bugs
077-1.jpg

084-1.jpg

090-1.jpg

Sunset
102-1.jpg

Great photographs

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Did a nice leisurely 31.84 nipping at the corners of three counties this morning Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Northamptonshire. A lovely bright morning, with a nip in the air first thing, but the sunshine warmed everything up by 9:15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom