Yorkshire is best in the world!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
As the Official Yorkshire Ambassador to the frozen North (County Durham) for the last 44 years. I can affirm that every single time we cross the County Boundary* into any Riding of God's Own County, that Eden that Demi-Paradise, that Yorkshire. (To quote the bard of York.) We sigh and say in unison, 'Ah! Civilisation at last!'

*We have yet to recognise the 1974 redrawing of historical Counties.

Leodis

Veteran
1185205_576921055704193_1248429233_n.jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
As the Official Yorkshire Ambassador to the frozen North (County Durham) for the last 44 years. I can affirm that every single time we cross the County Boundary* into any Riding of God's Own County, that Eden that Demi-Paradise, that Yorkshire. (To quote the bard of York.) We sigh and say in unison, 'Ah! Civilisation at last!'

*We have yet to recognise the 1974 redrawing of historical Counties.
Done on April Fools Day, if you remember?

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
for those in doubt - the English city with the highest concentration of mature trees is..............

Leeds

I'm surprised by this.

Surprised it was even being discussed.
Surprised that anyone thought they can up an argument against it.
Surprised that not everyone in the entire world knew the truth of it already.
There are many other places in the world, some are even nice to look at, but there is only one Yorkshire.

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm surprised by this.

Surprised it was even being discussed.
Surprised that anyone thought they can up an argument against it.
Surprised that not everyone in the entire world knew the truth of it already.
There are many other places in the world, some are even nice to look at, but there is only one Yorkshire.
And it remains the only English County named in the bible.

ASC1951

Guru
Put me out of my misery - I think I recognise that road but I can't remember which one it is! :wacko:
I reckon it's the Hardraw-Thwaite road, just at the top of the steep section above the Buttertubs. The Tubs are on the left of the wall in the middle of the picture.
The nearest reservoir will be Angram, 15 miles SE.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I reckon it's the Hardraw-Thwaite road, just at the top of the steep section above the Buttertubs. The Tubs are on the left of the wall in the middle of the picture.
That was my first thought too, but it didn't look right in StreetView.

Scrub that - you are right! :thumbsup:

I was looking too far down the descent - link. Oh, and look what is on the Wikipedia page!

PS I almost met my maker in one of the Butter Tubs! I stepped off the road for a pee and my spd shoes slipped on the wet rock. I ended up teetering on the edge of a drop into the abyss below ...:eek:

Top Bottom