Yorkshire is best in the world!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
*Northumberland comes out of the corner, sizing up its opponent. Jab, jab, jab, left hook, jab jab...*
If you're going to jab then left hook there's no point following with more jabs. Yorkshire's best :boxing:.

Venod

Eh up
We had some Essex lads come work with us, on one of the pumps we were fixing there was a hole which was full of oil, The foreman said to one of these lads " get that oil outa t'oil, he was surprised when the lad didn't know what he was talking about.

Another lad wanted to borrow some money of the Essex boys, he said "has anyonya got anyonya" he was met with a blank look.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
*Northumberland comes out of the corner, sizing up its opponent. Jab, jab, jab, left hook, jab jab...*
I wouldn't say anything other than that Northumberland is lovely. There's a grandeur to the hills that Yorkshire can't match. But, then again, when you look at the way habitation in North Yorkshire has adapted to the surroundings, weathered almost, and when you see the contrast between the wild winters and soft summers.......that's a very hard act to follow.

I'm in love with rural England (and a good deal of Scotland and Wales). I wouldn't want to live there, but from Essex (yes, really) to Suffolk, Leicestershire, East and North Yorkshire up to Northumberland there's more than enough to convince you that the world is a wonderful thing.

(And before someone presses the suit of another county - that's not an exclusive list)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
a bob was a shilling, which was 12d (old pence to you younguns). Durham is bestest anyway, but we keep it to ourselves. Let Yorkshire do all the shouting.

alicat

Squire
Well, I've gone decimal as well as moving to Staffordshire.

Yorkshire is a good place to come from....

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Prophets 12:34
And Nehemiah rent his garment and prayed, "Oh Lord, why have you not heard our supplication?"
And the Lord sayeth, "Sorry about that, I've just been to Yorkshire. It's beautiful countryside. Probably the best I made. I don't know why I spend so much time here to be honest. Now what is it you want?"

Top Bottom