Wild Camping Punishment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
I used to wildcamp with someone who packed everything out, except perhaps liquids. Had a tupperware box with ziplpck bags for the unpleasant solids and paper. Never known anyone else do it.

It's the recognised military way of doing that part of your ablutions, solids in a plastic bag and take it away with you for disposal, so no one ever knew you were there, watching them, no worse than cutting a piece of turf, digging a hole and burying it, replace the grass, no traces left

figbat

Slippery scientist
That's what I'm asking our friend - as far as I know, I can use benches even if they are near a retail food outlet! What say you?

But that was my point. You are free to use a public bench if you wish. You are not free to use a private field for camping, hence your analogy is not sound.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you removed the bike from the situation many more would side with the camper. As it is both are wrong. If you are wild camping in an open field, you should be gone at first light. Thats 4am in the summer. The farmer is just a twat and I would be leaving my tent in his field to deal with.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
The tractor driver was in the wrong, no doubt. We've had it happen to us and the campers were asked to leave, and did so without fuss. I think the driver has watched too many YT/tiktok videos of people being ghastly to others, and thought his video would go viral. It's a very American type midset of "I can do whatever I want to people if they are on my property". Hope he has to pay a fine and replace the clothes and camping equipment that he ruined

Top Bottom