What were you doing 7 years ago?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Forgot about checking my ride diary; I was at work and rode there and back on my long gone Wilier Montegrappa.

That could be a new thread, which bikes did you have 7 years ago :smile:
My most used one at the time was my Croix de Fer which I used for commuting. I gave it away a to a local bike charity a few weeks ago.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
That could be a new thread, which bikes did you have 7 years ago :smile:
My most used one at the time was my Croix de Fer which I used for commuting. I gave it away a to a local bike charity a few weeks ago.

True ...

Mine are way different. The only two that have stayed are my Ridgeback Platinum audax bike and old Raleigh Pioneer hybrid. Every other bike has been sold and replaced with an upgrade.

Hicky

Guru
Revamping our old house ready to selluo and move, we got an allotment(that was a disaster really as we didn’t have the time), supporting her indoors through her second year of a nursing degree. Little did I know I had only a few months left with my mother…😕

Mrs M

Guru
Both Mr M and myself working full time in the office.
Two cats, no dog and just trundling along.

Now Mr M having taken redundancy and early retirement lives a leisurely life.
I work 3 days a week from home 😀
New pet family, (our wee furry friends don’t stay long enough) 💕
First time dog parents and now know most of our neighbours 😀
More relaxed, content and happy way of life.
Plus more cycling time (including e bikes for the oldies) 🤣

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In July 2017 I moved into a sheltered housing block after being local authority evicted from my flat at the time, due to it being condemned as a fire hazard, along with the other 9 flats in the building. I'll never forget being asked why I was using the microwave in the communal kitchen area, by one old git who thought he was 'top dog'. I told him it was because I'd left mine behind in my old flat as we had to evacuate the building in 5 hours, leaving most stuff behind. The following day he asked me again, as I warmed a ready meal up. I told him again that I didn't have a microwave available due to it being in my old flat. The following day I went to use that microwave to find it wasn't there! I found this odd, so I went into the warden's office to ask where it was and saw the microwave on top of a filing cabinet! Mr 'top dog' obviously had influence in that place! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I was working in engineering management in the automotive industry and was stressed right out.

now I’m an old retired fart who works part time building bicycles at a Trek dealer.

my wife likes me a lot better now ( and not just because I’m doing most of the housecleaning )

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
On holiday in Verbania with Mrs Legs, 4yo Andrew and 4mo Daniel. We'd had a rather torrid journey out - our flight had been delayed to the extent that the car rental office was just about to shut when we arrived in Milan in the pouring rain, Andrew was running a fever and puked on Mrs L in the airport as we were waiting for our luggage. Driving away from Milan, we were stopped by the carabinieri because I'd unwittingly only put the sidelights on in the car (I would have noticed if we'd have been out of the built-up streetlit area...)

The holiday got a lot better from there onwards!

figbat

Slippery scientist
July 2017 - I was working for the same company I currently do, but doing a different job. I was married to the same woman I am currently married to. I had the same two kids I currently do. I was living in the same house I currently live in.

I was about to go to Menorca for two weeks' holiday, which I am not this year (it's Westward Ho! this time).

Top Bottom