What to do? Modify or sell?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Nice village, Rosemarket. I almost bought a house there. Give a shout when you are next in the area and I'll buy you a beer.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Quick update. My LBS, who supplied the Galaxy, got me a Galaxy Cross in to try. I have had a look at it today, and it seems to be exactly what I am after, so we have agreed to exchange the Cromo for the Cross. I've lost a bit on the exchange, but I accept that as the price of rushing into the original purchase. They are waiting on a couple of bits to complete it, so I can't have it for a few days, but given the weather round here and the forecast, I'm happy to wait a week. Thanks to @AndyRM for the suggestion, and to everyone for your ideas. It's been interesting chasing everything up, and I have learned a lot. Cheers all.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Quick update. My LBS, who supplied the Galaxy, got me a Galaxy Cross in to try. I have had a look at it today, and it seems to be exactly what I am after, so we have agreed to exchange the Cromo for the Cross. I've lost a bit on the exchange, but I accept that as the price of rushing into the original purchase. They are waiting on a couple of bits to complete it, so I can't have it for a few days, but given the weather round here and the forecast, I'm happy to wait a week. Thanks to @AndyRM for the suggestion, and to everyone for your ideas. It's been interesting chasing everything up, and I have learned a lot. Cheers all.

Sounds like a good job, and you can still say: "I ride a Galaxy."

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
The deed is done. Call from bike shop, quick test ride, home and in the shed. Very pleased. Thanks to all who listened and helped.

image_zpsyvimk2zg.jpe

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
See if you can swap the brown saddle for a black?

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
See if you can swap the brown saddle for a black?
Whaaaat? The original Galaxy came with a black generic thing, which wasn't too bad, but I got the shop to put the B17N on as part of the deal. It's very comfy and I love it already, so I got them to swap it over to the new bike. Would have preferred black, but it was the only one they had, and free. I know what you mean, it is a bit bright at the moment, but hopefully it will tone down with the miles and the Proofide. Actually, if the more upright position makes it less comfy (will find out this weekend) then I may sell it and get a plain old B17 in black. So, fair point really.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Whaaaat? The original Galaxy came with a black generic thing, which wasn't too bad, but I got the shop to put the B17N on as part of the deal. It's very comfy and I love it already, so I got them to swap it over to the new bike. Would have preferred black, but it was the only one they had, and free. I know what you mean, it is a bit bright at the moment, but hopefully it will tone down with the miles and the Proofide. Actually, if the more upright position makes it less comfy (will find out this weekend) then I may sell it and get a plain old B17 in black. So, fair point really.
If the upright position makes you aware of saddle discomfort consider a Brooks B67.

And B17's come up on here all the time, especially black ones ;)

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
Very smart indeed. Your LBS sounds like a good un too.
Thank you! Yes, they are a decent bunch. Family run, father, son-in-law, grandson, small shop, mainly road bikes, kids' bikes and hires for holidaymakers. They don't have a huge range of anything and are not the cheapest, but I like to support local businesses where I can. Without them, it's Halfords or the web.

OP
OP
RichardB

RichardB

Slightly retro
If the upright position makes you aware of saddle discomfort consider a Brooks B67.

And B17's come up on here all the time, especially black ones ;)
Thanks for that. I actually have a B67 on the electric bike, and it is like an armchair, I love that too. But the sofa styling with the exposed springs is perhaps a little OTT for a lighter bike ^_^ I think a black B17 would be nice, though. Will keep an eye open.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Thanks for that. I actually have a B67 on the electric bike, and it is like an armchair, I love that too. But the sofa styling with the exposed springs is perhaps a little OTT for a lighter bike ^_^ I think a black B17 would be nice, though. Will keep an eye open.
I'd sooner have the narrow version ( cos of my bony bum :becool: ) but if you're after a black B17 standard I believe @vernon has one up for sale ATM.

Top Bottom