What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A frame bag and handlebar bag for the rat-Bottecchia. Now it can haul my lunch and stuff to the shop, making it a good, if slightly high strung, commuter.

IMG_0256.jpeg

IMG_0257.jpeg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Back in early April @biggs682 posted a link to a 'new old stock' Peugeot that was up for sale in Leeds. The sale price at the auction house was £75 plus fees; I'd been caught up with work stuff and hadn't bid beyond an initial £50. Total fees to the winning bidder would be approx. £125-140 at a guess.

It then re-appeared on eBay at £200 and didn't sell. I kept watching the item, with the price slowly dropping.

Last week it was up for £100 start price and I was the only bidder, collecting the very dusty Pug this evening. The original Wolber 20 tyres are completely cracked, but hold air, and everything works. The rear mudguard reflector's missing though but apart from a couple of marks on the top tube it's completely pristine. Oh, and it's heavy. The original lbs selling this was in Dewsbury, so it's come back home.

PXL_20240603_205429534.jpg

Just what I'm going to do with an unused road bike that's a bit big I've no clue. It's now been up - and - down the street a couple of times. Does that make it 'used'?

Back in early April @biggs682 posted a link to a 'new old stock' Peugeot that was up for sale in Leeds. The sale price at the auction house was £75 plus fees; I'd been caught up with work stuff and hadn't bid beyond an initial £50. Total fees to the winning bidder would be approx. £125-140 at a guess.

It then re-appeared on eBay at £200 and didn't sell. I kept watching the item, with the price slowly dropping.

Last week it was up for £100 start price and I was the only bidder, collecting the very dusty Pug this evening. The original Wolber 20 tyres are completely cracked, but hold air, and everything works. The rear mudguard reflector's missing though but apart from a couple of marks on the top tube it's completely pristine. Oh, and it's heavy. The original lbs selling this was in Dewsbury, so it's come back home.

View attachment 732953

Very tidy looking bike.

Just what I'm going to do with an unused road bike that's a bit big I've no clue. It's now been up - and - down the street a couple of times. Does that make it 'used'?

Not sure I can suggest anything other than a) putting the bike in a boil wash, or b) cycling in platform shoes... :giggle:

DCLane

Oh very nice @DCLane
Mmm make a nice winter bike or is it something you should keep for hi days ?

Not sure yet. My 'winter' bike is the carbon Viner Mitus below:

pxl_20230526_064726354-jpg.jpg

However, when it gets really unpleasant I'm not keen on using that - particularly as it can't take more than 26mm tyres - so maybe keep for bad days? That seems a waste of a 'new' bike though.

Jameshow

Veteran

View attachment 732953

What tubing is it?
Probably gas pipe tubing?

biggs682

Itching to get back on my bike's
maybe keep for bad days? That seems a waste of a 'new' bike though.

I would agree with that comment I suppose but bikes are made to be used

DCLane

I've picked up a Conti Tempo track tubular as I'm using both spares for my Christmas track wheel purchase. Also bought an Ultegra 6800 LH shifter as it was cheap, plus a spare Bontrager Paradigm saddle for son no. 2. He somehow broke one.

Oh, and we're starting the preparation for an upgrade over the winter on his Ridley Noah Fast race bike. I've picked up a pair of Dura-Ace hydraulic shifters at a decent price. Now I need a pair of Dura-Ace brake calipers as we've got the other parts already.

Jameshow

Veteran
I've picked up a Conti Tempo track tubular as I'm using both spares for my Christmas track wheel purchase. Also bought an Ultegra 6800 LH shifter as it was cheap, plus a spare Bontrager Paradigm saddle for son no. 2. He somehow broke one.

Oh, and we're starting the preparation for an upgrade over the winter on his Ridley Noah Fast race bike. I've picked up a pair of Dura-Ace hydraulic shifters at a decent price. Now I need a pair of Dura-Ace brake calipers as we've got the other parts already.

Are you not breaking in CC for that allez yet!!

A new saddle for the Trek District. The supplied Bontranger one is okay, but using it everyday sans shorts is mildly uncomfortable.
I've never bought a saddle for a 'city' bike so my usual preferences don't apply. Trying my luck with a Selle Italia ST7 Vision Superflow. It has an integral rear LED light so that'll be handy for some extra rear visibility when the night draws in. I've not met a Selle Italia saddle I didn't get on with so fingers crossed that luck bears out for this one.

Also bought a set of cheap but okay MTB flat paddles as the ones Trek supplied are rubbish - they still don't turn freely on their bearings.
And another Topeak Roadie 2Stage pump. The one from the toolkit stolen from the other hybrid is too long to fit in the trunk bag. I've borrowed the pump that lives in the CGR's toolkit but I really don't trust myself to remember to put it back before my next weekend ride.

No bargains this time. Though the saddle was a smidge cheaper than listed on the Selle Italia website.

Top Bottom