What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jameshow

Veteran
Another new saddle*. This time for the gravel/road bike. It'll hopefully aleviate the rather tender barse I'm currently experiencing.

*Selle Italia SLR Superflow

A modern flite my favourite fast saddle!

8mph

Veteran
New bike, spotted at lunchtime and collected just now. Advertised as "men's bicycle", one large Dawes Sardar.

Screenshot_20240624_195451.jpg

:ohmy:

IMG_20240624_200210.jpg

IMG_20240624_200221.jpg

IMG_20240624_200241.jpg

IMG_20240624_200253.jpg

IMG_20240624_200305.jpg

IMG_20240624_200317.jpg

IMG_20240624_200346.jpg

IMG_20240624_200418.jpg

IMG_20240624_200421.jpg

Kevberlin

Drzdave58

Über Member
I got this new suspension stem today. It will be going on a new bike coming later this week.
IMG_4274.jpeg

IMG_4273.jpeg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Lidl have cycling stuff in again today. I lost a mitt in Devon earlier this week so I called in at Tod Lidl to see if they had any mitts my size. They did so I bought a pair. Not superb quality but they will do the job. At only £4.99 a pair I will be happy if they last a year or more.

PS On my way back I got a very nasty fright. My heavy d-lock was securely strapped onto the rear rack on my bike. Until it suddenly was NOT!! The bike shook and there was a loud clattering noise. I thought somebody had thrown something at my bike but when I looked back I saw my lock lying in the road. Fortunately, the driver behind braked in time to avoid hitting it - a heavy lock thrown up by a car wheel could do a LOT of damage!

I soon saw what had caused the lock to fall off the rack...

1000000947.jpg

The bungee must have been damaged to cause it to fail like that. I remember that it had been rubbing on the back tyre on a previous shopping ride and that must have weakened it. I had double checked that it wasn't rubbing today.

I've been dipping into the purse.

Today a Garmin Edge 540. I was tempted by the Wahoo's - both models are in Prime Day Deals and both were cheaper than the Edge, but I'm already into the Garmin eco system so I figured the Edge would be more intuitive. And I'm already sharing way too much data with too many entities.

Yesterday, I bought some upgrades for the CGR Ti. It's quite a list:
  • Easton EC90 SL ISA Setback Seatpost
  • Easton EA90 SL 31.8mm Aluminium Stem
  • Tubolito S-Tubo Road 700c Presta Innertube x2 (as spares)
  • Tubolito Tubo Road 700c Presta Innertube
  • Tubolito Flix Kit Repair Kit
  • Continental Grand Prix 5000 Road Tyre (clinchers)
  • Pro Vibe Superlight Carbon Handlebar - 42cm (couldn't find a narrower light / aero handlebar / cockpit in stock anywhere so no aero gains)
  • Topeak Aero Wedge DX Small Bag with QuickClip
  • Shimano 105 R7000 SPD-SL Pedals
And some Shimano RC7 Shoes.

This should probably be my last contribution to this thread for the year, but somehow I suspect it won't be.

Alex321

Guru
Not actually today, I ordered it on Thursday and it arrived yesterday, but a hydraulic brake bleed kit, as my front brake had basically stopped working.

While I got it working, I have a sneaking suspicion from the condition of the calliper that it is leaking, possibly from around the pistons, and I may well need a new calliper as well :sad:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Effectively some BMX platform pedals to fit on the daily Hybrid beater. I wanted something in Silver Aluminium and of a reasonable quality, large size with fairly aggressive / replaceable pins (*As i do ride in flat soled shoes; and although i've never actually slipped-off as such; my feet do wander more than i 'd like). Voila:

Attachments

• IMG_4442.jpeg
    IMG_4442.jpeg
    74.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Top Bottom