What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
FALLEN. Denzel Washington. John Goodman, and Donald Sutherland. It's a great movie, a supernatural, psycho/spiritual thriller. There really isn't another movie like it. From the character narrating the story, to the close loving and comedic friendships in the film. It's a constant guessing game. With twists, a great use of Stones songs and some interesting dialogue. The characters seem real. Completely underated film! Not to mention the creepy eerie vibe of the film as you think you know what is going to happen. Enjoy… not all reviews are correct.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
Daniel Craig and others in Knives Out , a very strange film indeed. View attachment 638204
We liked Knives Out, Biggs, a good whodunnit!

figbat

Slippery scientist
The Adam Project

Another vehicle for Ryan Reynolds to do what he does. Good family film (for slightly older kids as there is a bit of fruity language). All sorts of time travel paradoxes to ignore, but overall enjoyable.

mustang1

Legendary Member
The Last Alleycat

It's a movie (not a documentary at all) about an older guy riding a FG race across town.

The actors are attrociois, plot line a bit naff, nothing about this film should be good. Yet, for some weird treason, I've watched it several times already and am still not bored of it.

I rather disliked it the first time I saw it yet it was strangely addictive. You will probably hate this film and curse that you wasted 1.5 hours of your life, but I cannot explain why I watch it. Idk if its because I tinvolvwd bikes (I don't think so as there are plenty of other bike movies which are rubbish) but this one seems to be different.

So if you stomach some bad acting, you might, just might like this one.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Worst Person in the World
Enjoyable, bitter sweet. 8/10
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10370710/

gbb

Squire
I'd forgotten about this one a few weeks ago...
I Dont Feel At Home In This World Anymore.

Quirky, dark, almost comedic, a loner female at odds with a seemingly uncaring world teams up with an unlikely neighbour, equally at odds with the world for different reasons, team up to find the perpetrators of the burglary of her house.
Odd, occasionally and increasingly violent, sometimes unexpectedly, weird, oddball. Brilliant, I loved it.

AndyRM

XOXO
Bird Box - 6.5/10

Decent enough peril/supernatural horror effort starring Sandra Bullock, who I've always quite liked. The ending is absolutely stupid, and spoils another wise enjoyable if not particularly original film.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
We watched an amazing film last night. We really loved it. It was 'Bad Day at the El Royale' (also known as Bad times at the El Royale) starring Jeff Bridges and Chris Emsworth. The less you know about this going in to it, the better. One thing I can reveal though is that it's set in a hotel which straddles the California/Nevada border, some rooms in one state and some in the other leading to some charging anomalies. That's not the central thing of the film but it is an interesting quirk about it.
I recorded it last summer but only just got round to watching it. I agree - well worth watching.

Top Bottom