What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
I watched the original Dawn Of The Dead (1978) for the 10th time (at a guess). It was some directors cut or something, but a brilliant film. I believe that the late 70's were really bad for consumerism like we are now. But it's great how it depicts that taking over a shopping mall (at the cost of 1 of the gang getting bitten and dying) and all the materialistic stuff inside it only making them happy for a really short period until it dawns on them what life is really about. Then again the whole film with zombies wondering aimlessly around a shopping mall was maybe a cryptic message or something?

Whatever its an awesome zombie film (the best IMVHO) that maybe was made with some kind of a message (even if you don't get that its a good film) all those years back. Classic film, the loose re-make (2004) was actually pretty good (most re-makes are utter shite). Much better gore and effects, but still the original is quite a lot better just IMVHO.

Last edited:

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
I watched the original Dawn Of The Dead (1978) for the 10th time (at a guess). It was some directors cut or something, but a brilliant film. I believe that the late 70's were really bad for consumerism like we are now. But it's great how it depicts that taking over a shopping mall (at the cost of 1 of the gang getting bitten and dying) and all the materialistic stuff inside it only making them happy for a really short period until it dawns on them what life is really about. Then again the whole film with zombies wondering aimlessly around a shopping mall was maybe a cryptic message or something?

Whatever its an awesome zombie film (the best IMVHO) that maybe was made with some kind of a message (even if you don't get that its a good film) all those years back. Classic film, the loose re-make (2004) was actually pretty good (most re-makes are utter ****e). Much better gore and effects, but still the original is quite a lot better just IMVHO.
Zombies in a shopping mall....have you read the supermarket thread yet?:crazy::wacko::eek:

clid61

Veteran
Tangled
Feel good Disney Pixar story based on Rapunzel.
We sat, as a family do on a sunday afternoon and watched it and the kids loved it too !
( were in our 50s and our son and his gf are early 20 s LOL:wacko:)

Nihal

Veteran
I don't like zombie movies and TV shows,all I've seen so far have no proper ending.They find a cure for the non-zombie humans and the zombies are just left to groan and moan on the streets wandering aimlessly.There is never a "and they lived safely(sort of)ever after" or "damn,everyone dies" type of ending:headshake:

I Am Legend is the only zombie-ish movie i liked.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I don't like zombie movies and shows,all I've seen so far have no proper ending.They find a cure for the non-zombie humans and the zombies are just left to groan and moan on the streets wandering aimlessly.There is never a "and they lived safely(sort of)ever after" or "damn,everyone dies" type of ending:headshake:

I Am Legend is the only zombie-ish movie i liked.

The legend was a brilliant film. I agree. Most if not all zombie films just dont cut it.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
[QUOTE 2992737, member: 259"]American Hustle - 11/10 :becool: Soundtrack - 11.5/10[/QUOTE]

Brilliant isn't it, I could have stayed in the cinema and watched it again. Excellent ELO track.

Top Bottom