What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Swallows and Amazons. 5/10 if that.
It introduced a whole plot line that was unnecessary and unrealistic, added some squabbles that weren't there in the book, and got rid of the whole 'independant and capable females' feel of Arthur Ramsomes writing.
Susan Walker would have been perfectly capable of cooking a fish.

Ah that's a shame, I was quite looking forward to it.

TheDoctor

Noble and true, with a heart of steel
Oh, it has its moments. It was something of a letdown though, IMHO.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Black Dynamite

A 2009 pisstake of the seventies blaxploitation films, really funny.

Watched that last night on your recommendation - good one !

The final Kung Fu fight was a WTF moment if ever there was one. I won't spoil it, but it's brilliant & surreal

A rather affectionate tribute to the genre, nearest equivalent perhaps being OSS 177, the French spy pastiche, though the latter is much higher budget and slightly more sophisticated.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation, and well worth 90 minutes and a princely 1 new pence plus postage for the video

Saluki

World class procrastinator
The Bourne Somethingorother film, the one without Jason Bourne actually in it. It was OK I suppose, but once I realised that Bourne was not a character in a Bourne film, I didn't pay as much attention as I might have done.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Ground Control. Keifer Sutherland as an air traffic controller saves the day. Obviously low budget, but the cast's high quality lifts it up.

Sandra6

Veteran
Sunday afternoon we watched the remake of Pointbreak. It was a bit odd watching someone try to be Keanu Reeves, and I thought I'd just forgotten the story because I didn't recognise anything of the film.
Last night we watched the original, and I hadn't forgotten anything, it was a completely different story!
Original wins hands down, but the remake is worth a watch too.

The Bourne Somethingorother film, the one without Jason Bourne actually in it. It was OK I suppose, but once I realised that Bourne was not a character in a Bourne film, I didn't pay as much attention as I might have done.

Watched that one too. It was different but enjoyable for all that.

Today, went to see Jason Bourne at the cinema. Pretty much knew what to expect and so it turned out. Lots of fast-moving scenes, the chase sequences were good, the storyline didn't really surprise me but on the whole we thought it a reasonable actioner.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
For want of anything better to do, I found myself engaged by the superhero silliness that was Thor Dark World on telly the other night. Pleasantly surprised at it being quite good fun with some trippy graphics.Oh, and the obligatory Stan Lee cameo:smile:

For want of anything better to do, I found myself engaged by the superhero silliness that was Thor Dark World on telly the other night. Pleasantly surprised at it being quite good fun with some trippy graphics.Oh, and the obligatory Stan Lee cameo:smile:
Saw it at the cinema, enjoyed it - barring wife & daughter drooling over Chris Hemsworth............

I think I liked the first one better, with its grand scenes of Asgard (oh!, & the Lady Sif)

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Saw it at the cinema, enjoyed it - barring wife & daughter drooling over Chris Hemsworth............

I think I liked the first one better, with its grand scenes of Asgard (oh!, & the Lady Sif)
I'll have to check out the first one as I quite enjoyed this romp. I recognised Chris Hemworth who played Kirks father in Star trek (2009).

Top Bottom