What’s your fastest recorded speed…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nudged over 60mph coming down Mount Tiede nearly a decade ago.

classic33

Leg End Member
I always find it sounds faster in kmh. You did 5 kmh...showoff.
If it weren't for that headwind, who knows what'd have been possible.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
42mph was my long-term highest; pedalling like a mentalist on the old Giant down Headington hill. More recently I think I've exceeded this by a few mph.

My appetite for speed has waned in recent years through a combination of the fear of the repercussions if I came off (especially given how crap road surfaces typically are now) plus the lack of botheration to pedal furiously to gain just a few mph.

Had something north of 30 on the Brompton a while ago, which was.... "interesting".

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Fastest speed I have ever recorded is 56mph dropping off the Snake Pass towards Glossop with a tailwind. Got to 56mph then just coasted at the same speed for a long, long way :becool:

Have matched and got very close a few times since but struggling to beat that despite some spirited attempts in favourable conditions.

No fear of going 60+, but safety conscious so conditions have to be right, definitely not max speed at any cost!

I think my 56mph is recorded on Strava but can't find it right now.....

Big T

Guru
I regularly get into the mid to high 40’s mph when coming down off the Belvoir escarpment, and that’s without pedalling.

Jameshow

Veteran
62mph in 2012 dropping into Otley.

These days, post a few downhill crashes, I rarely exceed 35mph.

Doing 40 mph + I put the brakes on to brake for the dynley arms pub jnc nothing I hadn't put both straddle cables back on the cross bike. Thankfully had touring shoes so had to do a schoolboy brake, managed to stop just in time.
Rode like MVP today for rest of season!!

When you have built the wheels your riding on it concentrates the mind!🤣

Top Bottom