What’s your fastest recorded speed…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ghawks100

what’s your fastest speed,screen shot required (down hill)🤣
IMG_8570.png

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
pre strava so no screenshot ;) 46 mph i think.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Done 55 and 60 mph many years ago before GPS. Not a chance now, maybe 40 mph on a decent descent (like DCLane above). Got a pension to save up for, and a family.

Slick

Guru
50 for me, I was going for more but I had to brake for a car that overtook me at the top of the hill. I was going to be cheeky and pass them again but there was oncoming traffic as well.

I think I filmed it. :becool:

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
I do have a recording that goes over 50mph, but I think that was due to a GPS glitch. The fastest speed I am confident I have actually ridden at is 48.8mph on a downhill in Florida (yes, they do have some hills, just not very many) while on holiday last year.

1719949032446.png

ExBrit

Über Member
I do have a recording that goes over 50mph, but I think that was due to a GPS glitch. The fastest speed I am confident I have actually ridden at is 48.8mph on a downhill in Florida (yes, they do have some hills, just not very many) while on holiday last year.

View attachment 736197

I remember that hill, gratuitously added to the Cracker Swamp 1200k randonnee. It pretty much doubled the total climbing for the event.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Rather than top end, there has been times I've been held up by cars or motorbikes. We used to wait for the road to clear descending from top of Cat and Fiddle into Buxton as you were faster than cars, or bothering big motorbikes coming off Axe Edge

Top Bottom