Vuelta - **SPOILER**

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
What a ride by Froome though. So what happens now I wonder.
The big question. It's going to be very, very interesting to see how this unfolds.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The big question. It's going to be very, very interesting to see how this unfolds.

Indeed. They'll see what pans out on the road I expect, a la Van de Velde when Wiggo took over at Garmin. I imagine that they'll work for together and take a raincheck.

Paul_L

Über Member
Lofkvist and Possoni will now have to ride at the front and hopefully Froome and Brad will work with each other, and the best man on the road will assume leadership.

montage

God Almighty
Lofkvist and Possoni will now have to ride at the front and hopefully Froome and Brad will work with each other, and the best man on the road will assume leadership.

Not seen much of Lofvist so far... I reckon Bradley will still be the leader, but he only has an 11 second lead over Nibali which is slim to say the least

Paul_L

Über Member
Not seen much of Lofvist so far... I reckon Bradley will still be the leader, but he only has an 11 second lead over Nibali which is slim to say the least

Hopefully they've been sitting in the bunch saving energy in the expection that this would happen and therefore they will be needed in week 2 ;)

wildjetskier

Being Kenyan myself what an achievement by Froome and for cycling in general especially in Africa, seems a modest guy as well
Froome leads the general classification by 12 seconds, with Leopard Trek's Jakob Fuglsang in second and Wiggins well-placed in third, a further eight seconds back.

"I wasn't really expecting that," Froome said. "I was just trying to stay in contention and be there along with Bradley Wiggins, the team leader. I just had a fantastic day and somehow I've ended up in the leader's jersey."

Even Cavendish tweeted

Incredible ride by 2 of the Worlds nicest guys today in #vuelta.

Come on you Brits

frank9755

Cyclist
Just watched the TT now. I recorded a week's worth of this while I was away and have been catching up over the weekend, and what a twist at the end.

It's an excellent race. Seems much more open than the Tour and the climbs seem a lot steeper. Add in the temperatures and it must be tough on the riders.

Great couple of days for Wiggins but can he last three weeks given his antibiotics and the way he tired in the TT.

He may not have been the fastest on the TT, but his position and technique were a joy to watch.

Frank
PS I decided to buy a bike because Wiggins came into the shop during my fitting!

raindog

er.....
Just posted on another forum that without that stupid Sky TTT crap Brad would now have a decent cushion over Nibali. Oh well, still a long way to go in this race.

Keith Oates

Janner
Well I was one of he doubters regarding Wiggins and thought he would not make it in the leading ten on the GC. I'm so happy to say that I was wrong and he is doing much better then I thought he would, even if he doesn't make the podium!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom