Velo Viewer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
There's enough public access as far as I can see:

Lucas Green Road / Priests Lane gets into the tricky Pirbright tile.
Ash Ranges have some public access, but you don't actually need to enter the perimeter afaict.

Thank you , but Pirbright Range is a misleading name and is to the north of where you've looked.
Here's my map, I can get all of theese except the "Round Butt" / " High Hoglees" square. It has only a private service service road coming up to the left of HIgh Hoglees.

1719230758413.png

Here's the Strava global heatmap, showing a massive hole where no one goes!!!
Annoyingly, I have been up that service road about 30 years ago as a Venture Scout doing target marking on the rifle ranges, so access isn't impossible, just not the kind of place you can casually go cycling or walking!
So technically I do have that square, on foot at least... just no GPS track!

1719230599113.png

Solocle

Über Member
Thank you , but Pirbright Range is a misleading name and is to the north of where you've looked.
Here's my map, I can get all of theese except the "Round Butt" / " High Hoglees" square. It has only a private service service road coming up to the left of HIgh Hoglees.

View attachment 735213
Here's the Strava global heatmap, showing a massive hole where no one goes!!!
Annoyingly, I have been up that service road about 30 years ago as a Venture Scout doing target marking on the rifle ranges, so access isn't impossible, just not the kind of place you can casually go cycling or walking!
So technically I do have that square, on foot at least... just no GPS track!

View attachment 735212

Look closer. There's a public highway. See the streetview image I posted above, that's in the square.
1719235065639.png

1719235112092.png

1719235283030.png

Norry1

Legendary Member

steverob

Guru
Having scrolled around the VeloViewer Explorer map, I've found two tiles that I've visited that no-one else has! Well, that's almost certainly not accurate - it's more like, no-one else who has made all their data public has visited them except me, but still it's nice to see.

Especially as both of them were quite easy to get to (both on road, only required a small diversion) and the tiles you have to go through to get to them were visited by 67 and 65 riders respectively, so it's very unlikely that no-one has gone there before.

Solocle

Über Member
Having scrolled around the VeloViewer Explorer map, I've found two tiles that I've visited that no-one else has! Well, that's almost certainly not accurate - it's more like, no-one else who has made all their data public has visited them except me, but still it's nice to see.

Especially as both of them were quite easy to get to (both on road, only required a small diversion) and the tiles you have to go through to get to them were visited by 67 and 65 riders respectively, so it's very unlikely that no-one has gone there before.

I've pushed up against these ones, which it's probably safe to say haven't been visited publicly... but for very good reason. :laugh:
1719305410881.png

FAlULHdDjJLiYQxXuhA-Os0exyZDLeIKm2U4d45c-1536x2048.jpg

QiVfWzfL44_nQSxh46XdqgjDC2p8faGbBUwg9jcg-2048x1536.jpg

X8BsAhwJdB-i79-ll9IfVamP2kxsjL9f4ddRihEE-2048x1536.jpg

1719305704824.png

One of the trickier ones I do want to nab is this one. No roads. No bridleways. No footpaths. In fact, no land at all.
1719305937468.png

1719306017419.png

cIGrI8CyUeYFjm10IGo--PWPGUM2jdVyiR6dHZHs-2048x1536.jpg

Roads.jpg

:laugh:

Last edited:
I lengthened my commute on Friday and got 3 more tiles and filled in a gap.

1719682799759.png

But that's not the area of my my max square or max cluster; I wanted to get a pivotal off road square or two to extend that but in extending my commute off road I think I've done some to my ITB band on the left side. I last done similar 18years ago to my right ITB, I think its the same knife through the knee feeling and instability. It was mostly OK on todays relaxed on road group ride until the very end when I had to go through town and the constant stopping/unclipping seems to have irritated it again, this off road tile (east side, 3km west of Ramsey) will have to wait 🙁

1719684332400.png

lazybloke

Priest of the cult of Chris Rea
In France tonight; arrived a couple of hours in eastern Britany and will spend the next week exploring and heading east.

But spent today at Jersey. Had a nice route planned to cover pretty much the whole island but still seem to be in recovery from my 130 miler last weekend, so cut it short.
Have added 52 tiles in the last 24 hours.

Oh, also had two road closures!
1000012347.png

Top Bottom