Triban 3 Owners Club

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

danjanoob

There has been one instance I know of on here where someone has switched their 57 for a 54 (you can read back through the posts and find this I think). This decision only transpired after a good long ride if I recall correctly.

This was I. Pretty much spot on. Noticed I was coming forward on the saddle, so obviously overstretched. After a long ride this caused many aches (and i am not old).

This was despite the 57 feeling great at first and on a short tide. Luckily Decathlon exchanged no questions asked. Top service.

The 54 has felt much better, and I will be having my first long ride on the 54 on Thursday, and look forward to it much more. I'm no longer overstretched.

Also, that T3 on ebay above, I much prefer those decals! How do i get some of them?

Billy Adam

Rule #

// Drink in Moderation.
Bidons are to be small in size. 500ml maximum, no extra large vessels are to be seen on one’s machine. Two cages can be mounted, but only one bidon on rides under two hours is to be employed. Said solo bidon must be placed in the downtube cage only. You may only ride with a bidon in the rear cage if you have a front bidon, or you just handed your front bidon to a fan at the roadside and you are too busy crushing everyone to move it forward until you take your next drink. Bidons should match each other and preferably your bike and/or kit. The obvious exception is the classic Coca-Cola bidon which by default matches any bike and/or kit due to its heritage. Coca-Cola should only be consumed flat and near the end of a long ride or all-day solo breakaway on the roads of France.
I always hand my bidon (auto corrected to bison) to my waiting fans. I once handed a bison but got had up on manslaughter charges.

Radchenister

Veteran
From what I've read on here, you carry two so you can lob one at passing 4x4's and still have something to sip... they are all out to get you ya know (no you're not paranoid, they really are) ;) !

Rule #

// Drink in Moderation.
Bidons are to be small in size. 500ml maximum, no extra large vessels are to be seen on one’s machine. Two cages can be mounted, but only one bidon on rides under two hours is to be employed. Said solo bidon must be placed in the downtube cage only. You may only ride with a bidon in the rear cage if you have a front bidon, or you just handed your front bidon to a fan at the roadside and you are too busy crushing everyone to move it forward until you take your next drink. Bidons should match each other and preferably your bike and/or kit. The obvious exception is the classic Coca-Cola bidon which by default matches any bike and/or kit due to its heritage. Coca-Cola should only be consumed flat and near the end of a long ride or all-day solo breakaway on the roads of France.
:rolleyes:

Do people actually pay attention to all those crappy rules?

IMO anyone who takes the time to come up with a set of rules that long for something people do for fun does not deserve to be listened to.

Billy Adam

I'll get me coat.

Julesh

Guru
Only just seen this as I'm usually at the other place.

I have a Triban 3 - all I've changed is the pedals to SPD and thrown the free lights in the bin. Mine's in my other home and cost 349 euro from Decathlon Pisa.

Top Bottom