Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
It would be nice if a loyal domestique like Landisimo could win sime other races through the year, like Adam Yates does.
The curse of Landa GC.....nooooo 😭

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Class ride again by Remco...makes it even sweeter having the great Landa as your super domestique ! He could afford to go for it tomorrow without losing his third spot ? But said he'd rather save something for the final TT.

Insert "Why not do both" meme here.

Adam4868

Guru
Insert "Why not do both" meme here.
peter-griffin-push.gif

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
If Pog is serious about letting the break go today, then the scrap to get into it will be even more competitive than usual. Last chance for 11 teams to get a stage win.

Adam4868

Guru
You'd think Visma will want to throw everything at this stage today for a win.... Jorgensen again ? Id like to see Almeida v Landa in a battle for fourth 😁

tarric

Über Member
You'd think Visma will want to throw everything at this stage today for a win.... Jorgensen again ? Id like to see Almeida v Landa in a battle for fourth 😁

Landa would have to take a big chunk of time with the TT tomorrow but it would be good to see both in a breakaway, but I think we will have to wait for the Vuelta for that battle.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Some trivia from the TdF site

With a 15th stage win, Tadej Pogacar joins Freddy Maertens at the 12th spot of the all-time rankings for most victories in the Tour de France.

But if we look at successes claimed before the age of 26, the Slovenian cannibal joins Mark Cavendish and François Faber as the riders with most stage wins, 1 step ahead of Eddy Merckx (14) and 2 ahead of Bernard Hinault (13).

Aww man, I think I’ve just seen one of my favourite bits of the Tour on The Breakaway. Matt Stephens was doing a piece on the bike as to whether or not Cav would make yesterday’s cut off. Matt was cheering his friend on from the back of the moto and as they went round a corner, the crowd was chanting Cav’s name. Cut back to Matt, his voice breaking with emotion as he says, “they are shouting his name”

Matt Stephens and Mark Cavendish, probably my two favourite cyclists (although one is marginally better than the other lol)

Top Bottom