Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Here's hoping Remco thinks the risk of the gravel is worth a try....otherwise it's going to be a stage of just staying safe ?
Mohoric should be in with a chance here maybe,been pretty quiet so far 😁

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I can't believe we are only a third of the way through. So much has happened.

I'm not sure I approve of all this excitement and entertainment business. What I want now is sleepy sprint stage through endless sunflower fields, with a doomed breakaway consisting of a rag-tag collection of riders from wildcard teams with funny names like Arse-pop. Not a "who is going to get to the finish with a working bike" stage.

There has been so much hype around today’s stage I am not sure it can live up to its billing. The second half should be fairly straightforward, few climbs and the gravel sectors are flat. The first half could be tough especially if it is ridden hard by those teams who think they have a chance of winning, plenty of short sharp climbs to eliminate ‘pure sprinters’. And depending on if a break isn’t allowed to go clear. The difficulty lies not in the gravel itself but the fear of the fear of not being in position i.e. near the front at the beginning of the gravel sectors a la Paris - Roubaix.
Regardless, I shall be watching. Having visited Troyes, a lovely town, lovely architecture, some excellent fizzy wine, I am keen to see areas from a different perspective. And it is a good area for bike riding.
I also like the idea of an out and back stage, unusual for L e Tour.

Carnage......

Top Bottom