Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I think it is unfair to say people don't understand how a grand tour works because they don't like sprinter / TT stages.

I agree but that isn't what I said though.
Note "Subtleties of stage racing" and I was countering the assertion that nothing happens on a flat stage until the last 10km, not whether people like them or not.

I don't like corn on the cob, but have never campaigned for it to be eradicated. I'm quite live and let live like that.

biking_fox

Guru
How many of the riders go full gas on an ITT?

Presumably most know they don't have a chance of comping close to the top, so do they bother trying? I think there is still a time cutoff though?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
How many of the riders go full gas on an ITT?

Presumably most know they don't have a chance of comping close to the top, so do they bother trying? I think there is still a time cutoff though?

There is a time cutoff. For today I think it's it's +30% of the winners time. I think today is coefficient 6. https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/how-do-time-cuts-work-in-the-tour-de-france/

You may not be coming close to the top, but you may want to be finishing ahead of people near you in the GC, if you're aiming for a top 20 placing or something. I guess, anyway.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
He got a 40s penalty for too much drafting to get back to the peleton. Did he know / predict that this was going to happen, and therefore no point in going for the sprint?

Imagine if that had happened 2 days ago.

The media and everybody: He's done it! The record! Sob sob! Gush gush!
A Commissaire: Ahem, well actually ...

Adam4868

Guru
Remco 😍 well deserved first stage win.
I think Vingo will be happy with his performance...anything less than 30 seconds on Pog was ok I reckon.Rogla did a decent TT.
Still only stage 7 and looking at the GC below it's still all to play for,as much as I'd like Pog to win this Tour, Visma are playing the long game I think.Third week high mountains and boom....who's gonna blow ?
Don't say Remco.....
Screenshot_20240705-194809.png

Top Bottom