Tour de France 2024 SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Gaudu and Martinez are 30 minutes off the pace, so FDJ are already stage hunting. Pretty poor after day 1
I think I read fdj are another team with an illness going round. I wonder if they only came together a few days before and had a "freshers' flu" effect, rather than having a team camp before the race to "work the bugs out" including stomach bugs, it seems!

Doris Day

I had Green Day for a while

Cav has talked about regular vomiting episodes in Pyrenees stages. It's just his physiology, nothing to see here!

My theory is the slow - and unusually long - touristy roll-out round the hot start town did him in. That would explain why he was sick so early, and perhaps didn't actually get any worse through the stage. A theory!

Jameshow

Veteran
Looks like the final positions for the Tdf were decided yesterday!
Hope it's not this all the way to Paris!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

I wonder how they decide whether to do this and extend the 3k to 5k? Is it the nature of the route? Or the state of the race? Or just because they can?

This shows roughly the last 5k. The final sprinty bit after they've doubled back is about 600m. So they've included an extra 2k of straight road and maybe a couple of roundabouts.
1719825126080.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom