Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Interesting insight into Orica's TTT on Sunday (and basically a long advert for GoPro and Velon)

Can this man really be called Shon Bollock?
Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 06.45.03.png

MisterStan

Label Required
Nice little interview with Cav on the Telegraph;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...-you-didnt-know-about-the-Tour-de-France.html

"There was a time when guys around my age would talk about cars or women and now we are riding along talking about Bugaboos. Instead of talking about what engines are in certain cars, we now look if the car has got an Isofix (an attachment for a child safety seat). Things have changed a bit.”

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
It wouldn't be a rest day without a speculative doping story.
Speaking of which, Lars Boom is a DNS today

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
His main role in the team was to act as a minder for Nibali in the difficult first week, so whatever the reason for his low cortisol level, it seems sensible to withdraw him from the race for the sake of his health, now that he has done that job. He was never going to be much use to the team in the big mountain stages anyway.

It does suggest the team were being somewhat disingenuous when they said he was fit to race.

Last edited:

robertob

Any of the GC boys attacking today? My guess is they'll be locked together for most parts of the climb but Froome may want to try and motor home at some point, letting his team work before, ensuring it's a tough race, trying to drive the finish out of the others. If he wants to win this stage, he'll do it, I'm fairly sure.

Pretty confident we see Rodriguez attacking too. But might be a tough ask to sustain an effort after last weeks heroics? I think the climb should suit Rolland down to the ground - he'll be aggressive on Bastille Day. I've a friendly little wager on him.... and on Arredondo. He's an outstanding climber on his day, hasn't been too bad on the Huy and Mur last week, so legs may well be there, and today is a good chance for him to attack. He's already so far down in the standings, he's no threat to the GC boys and they may let him go.

Top Bottom