Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Any of the GC boys attacking today? My guess is they'll be locked together for most parts of the climb but Froome may want to try and motor home at some point,
I thought Sky had given up on the motor home idea ;)

suzeworld

Veteran
Any of the GC boys attacking today? My guess is they'll be locked together for most parts of the climb but Froome may want to try and motor home at some point, letting his team work before, ensuring it's a tough race, trying to drive the finish out of the others. If he wants to win this stage, he'll do it, I'm fairly sure.

In the interview on ITV4 yesteday Froome was feeling confident and pretty much saying he would sit tight and just chase things down .. but that could just be bluff! He certainly can afford to conserve his team and his own energy until there is a significant challenge to chase. On the other hand he likes to be explosive and he will surely want to win a stage in the mountains at some point.

Last edited:
Nice little interview with Cav on the Telegraph;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/acti...-you-didnt-know-about-the-Tour-de-France.html

"There was a time when guys around my age would talk about cars or women and now we are riding along talking about Bugaboos. Instead of talking about what engines are in certain cars, we now look if the car has got an Isofix (an attachment for a child safety seat). Things have changed a bit.”
Bugaboos ? for a moment I thought Cavendish was going mountaineering.

MisterStan

Label Required
The 'Fab Four' have now become the 'Big Five' according to the live tracker;

Chris Froome the best of the Big Five
Chris Froome (Team Sky) is in the yellow jersey after he retained the lead in the team time trial won by BMC by six tenth of a second over the British outfit. His rivals in the “Big Five” competition are Tejay van Garderen, 2nd at 12 seconds, Alberto Contador, 5th at 1.03, Nairo Quintana, 9th at 1.59 and Vincenzo Nibali, 13th at 2.22. The overall classification is expected to be reshuffled today.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
The 'Fab Four' have now become the 'Big Five' according to the live tracker;

Chris Froome the best of the Big Five
Chris Froome (Team Sky) is in the yellow jersey after he retained the lead in the team time trial won by BMC by six tenth of a second over the British outfit. His rivals in the “Big Five” competition are Tejay van Garderen, 2nd at 12 seconds, Alberto Contador, 5th at 1.03, Nairo Quintana, 9th at 1.59 and Vincenzo Nibali, 13th at 2.22. The overall classification is expected to be reshuffled today.
Famous Five, surely...

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Pierrick Fedrigo of Bretagne-Seche (yes, him) is getting into the spirit of quatorzieme juillet and is a lone breakaway. Currently got nearly 7 minutes on the bunch. One pursuer in between. Go Pierrick!

jarlrmai

Veteran
Nothing better than a doomed solo break

The Couch

Über Member
Crash by Barguil

He is back on the bike (and since there is many kilometres to go, he'll return), but he looks like he is quite hurt, so can't be good for today's finish and the next stages

The Couch

Über Member
He does look a bit tender, doesn't he.
Yeah, but still he was at the front during both the echelon stage as the cobble stone stage, so he rides sturdier than he looks

Unfortunately for the French he was basically their current best bet at a top (5?) placing and probably is out of it now (meaning the GC)

The Couch

Über Member
Crash by Barguil

He is back on the bike (and since there is many kilometres to go, he'll return), but he looks like he is quite hurt, so can't be good for today's finish and the next stages
He is already back in the peloton, he made up 3m30 minutes on the peloton in about 10min.
(I guess the doctor car or the team car were helpful ;))

Top Bottom