Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
Empirical evidence suggesting a strong link between testicular cancer and doping in cyclists.

At least he was sensible enough to get it checked out rather than wait until it was the size of an orange. Hopefully he has caught it early enough and will recover.

I wonder if the doctors will ask similar questions to those asked in Lance's "treatment room" and whether their recall of the answers given will be more honest? Or get Paul Kimmage along as a witness.

robertob

That's pretty grim news. Speedy recovery is all we can wish him now.

It might be a rocky road ahead for him, much steeper than any climb to Alpe D'huez. But good form him to have checked on it and not waiting too long... it's rather likely that his career on the bike is finished, isn't it? 37 years of age, testicle cancer, not the best prognoses to make a comeback in the sport.

That's pretty grim news. Speedy recovery is all we can wish him now.

It might be a rocky road ahead for him, much steeper than any climb to Alpe D'huez. But good form him to have checked on it and not waiting too long... it's rather likely that his career on the bike is finished, isn't it? 37 years of age, testicle cancer, not the best prognoses to make a comeback in the sport.
Looks like he's caught it very early. I was diagnosed with it at what I think was a slightly later stage, surgery straight away a bit of light chemo and I was back on the bike within three months. No reason why he can't be back next season.

robertob

Looks like he's caught it very early. I was diagnosed with it at what I think was a slightly later stage, surgery straight away a bit of light chemo and I was back on the bike within three months. No reason why he can't be back next season.
Really? Well done to you! I wasn't aware of that... I guess once one hears the word cancer, the worst is going to be assumed. But that certainly sound promising and hopefully we'll see him back on the big again.

Tough one for Basso, but perhaps having the injury has meant he will have caught this in good time, every cloud etc. I met him briefly at the ToB a couple years back and he was a friendly and easy going guy. Wish him all the best.
Lot of nobbers on here though.

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sympathy with Basso's condition. He never really was the same rider after he wasn't taking
might also explain why Basso has been off the pace lately?
Or is that just becuase hes old & past it?

Hope he is Ok & its treatable!
Every sympathy with Basso's condition, but the reason he's been off the pace since his suspension is that he's racing clean now.

U

User169

30 years ago today...
image.jpg

Top Bottom