Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Anyone else get a bit "twitchy" when it's a rest day...?

:crazy:

:laugh:

Twitter's quite good though. I only signed up recently to follow more of the cycling and I love the behind the scenes Tweets, adds a different dimension to the race. Mark Cavendish Tweeting about the challenge of peeing at night in a new hotel every night. I assume they don't always get en-suite facilities then.

fimm

Veteran
I was wondering if the dropped riders were allowed to form some kind of mini-grupetto (is that how you spell it?) (and joking that they could try and jump on the back of the next team to come through...) but then I remembered the time limit and realised that even when dropped you'd not want to be caught by the next team coming through (who started five minutes behind you). So in fact the dropped riders must still have to ride pretty hard to the finish, just not absolutely flat out.

I watched that stage live and thought it was pretty exciting. P&P are annoying though... how many times did they say that the last 2km were crucial?

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Twitter's quite good though. I only signed up recently to follow more of the cycling and I love the behind the scenes Tweets, adds a different dimension to the race. Mark Cavendish Tweeting about the challenge of peeing at night in a new hotel every night. I assume they don't always get en-suite facilities then.
Twitter was great last night if you like pictures of pro cyclists at airports and on buses.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Anyone else get a bit "twitchy" when it's a rest day...?

:crazy:
It's raining, it's my only guaranteed free afternoon this week and it's the only one when they're out cycling but not televised. I'd love to see a PhilnPaul-free programme on rest days with decent interviews, analysis, facts about the Tour's history, in-depth explanations of equipment and tactics, etc.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's raining, it's my only guaranteed free afternoon this week and it's the only one when they're out cycling but not televised. I'd love to see a PhilnPaul-free programme on rest days with decent interviews, analysis, facts about the Tour's history, in-depth explanations of equipment and tactics, etc.
France 2 are showing a cycling comedy film this afternoon. itv4 are doing a rest day show in the highlights slot and hopefully won't be spending too much time on the race summary, but a bit more background stuff.

Eurosport appear to be repeating the TTT highlights :rolleyes:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
France 2 are showing a cycling comedy film this afternoon. itv4 are doing a rest day show in the highlights slot and hopefully won't be spending too much time on the race summary, but a bit more background stuff.

Eurosport appear to be repeating the TTT highlights :rolleyes:
Yeah, I was thinking that but in the full afternoon slot.

robertob

I would like to give Nico a very big big, virtual hug: http://www.independent.ie/sport/oth...stage-win-at-the-tour-de-france-31371336.html

"In the last few metres of the climb, I could hear the announcer, Daniel Mangeas, counting down the time we had left to get to the line if we were to win the stage. ... "10, 9, 8 ..." ... My legs were on fire and I was fighting with every sinew to hold on. .... I was in a world of pain and didn't know if we'd made it, but G's reaction shortly after told me we hadn't. ... I had no words to express my disappointment. ... For me though, winning this team time trial would have been something special. ... It's hugely disappointing to by beaten by less than a second and all I can think right now is that I just missed out on a stage win at the Tour de France."

I would like to give Nico a very big big, virtual hug: http://www.independent.ie/sport/oth...stage-win-at-the-tour-de-france-31371336.html

"In the last few metres of the climb, I could hear the announcer, Daniel Mangeas, counting down the time we had left to get to the line if we were to win the stage. ... "10, 9, 8 ..." ... My legs were on fire and I was fighting with every sinew to hold on. .... I was in a world of pain and didn't know if we'd made it, but G's reaction shortly after told me we hadn't. ... I had no words to express my disappointment. ... For me though, winning this team time trial would have been something special. ... It's hugely disappointing to by beaten by less than a second and all I can think right now is that I just missed out on a stage win at the Tour de France."
2 points:
I thought Mangeas gave up his announcing last year?
He didn't "miss out" he was the reason they didn't win.

But he can have a hug from me as well :hugs:

The Couch

Über Member
Basso who had fallen in stage 5, had some pain in his left testicle, went to the hospital to had it checked out and has a small swelling in his testicle

He is of course going home with this news of (most likely) testicle cancer

Top Bottom