Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Barguil, big loss and Mollema and Pinot, naturally.

Not that great for Nibali either, on top of the 10 seconds he lost yesterday. He's the kind of rider you can't write off if he loses 35 seconds on one stage, but losing scraps of time here and there is adding up.

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Hypothetical question: OK, so you only need 5 riders from the team to finish the TTT. What would happen if the GC contender in the team was not one of them? Would he still benefit from the team's time? What happens to the times of the dropped riders?

OP
OP
rich p

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Hypothetical question: OK, so you only need 5 riders from the team to finish the TTT. What would happen if the GC contender in the team was not one of them? Would he still benefit from the team's time? What happens to the times of the dropped riders?
No, he'd lose time

Not that great for Nibali either, on top of the 10 seconds he lost yesterday. He's the kind of rider you can't write off if he loses 35 seconds on one stage, but losing scraps of time here and there is adding up.
Another 35 seconds to Froome and Van Garderen, who right now is looking more and more like a podium finisher if he can repeat his Dauphine climbing performance.

sleaver

Veteran
I think we all know that Tinkoff-Sako dulled down their kit to make it less like the yellow jersey, but does anyone know why Lotto NL-Jumbo haven't? I know they have white sleeves, but when you are looking at an aerial shot, you can't really tell the difference between them and the yellow jersey.

I think we all know that Tinkoff-Sako dulled down their kit to make it less like the yellow jersey, but does anyone know why Lotto NL-Jumbo haven't? I know they have white sleeves, but when you are looking at an aerial shot, you can't really tell the difference between them and the yellow jersey.
I have no idea but it was clear that Liggett has a problem as he thinks there are either 10 yellow leaders jersey-wearers or none: "There's the leader, err, no it's not, there he is...no, not him either" or "there is no sign of the leader, these are Lotto-Jumbo...err, there's Froome"

Hopefully it will result in them fighting it out in the mountains; I do hope there is a proper fight for the polka dot jersey, if they do go for it then I reckon it will be a great spectacle.
Bardet and Pinot are still too close on GC to be allowed the freedom to compete for the Polka Dot though. They're at 4 and 8 minutes, Barguil 2.38, so still in with a good shout at GC. The Yates brothers might fancy it.

Nico feeling sorry for himself on twitter:
"No words to express how i feel now.. Loosing the stage for 0,6 sec is hard! gave it all, but wasnt enough. Sorry guys"

robertob

Nico feeling sorry for himself on twitter:
"No words to express how i feel now.. Loosing the stage for 0,6 sec is hard! gave it all, but wasnt enough. Sorry guys"
Looking forward to read his excellent column in the Indo tomorrow.

Think Sky will be pretty happy with the stage nonetheless. Froome got a bit of time into his main rivals once again. I usually don't give too much about the GC standings after the first week, but just realized now that Froome is already a minute ahead of Contador, two of Quintana, and Nibali even further behind. That's incredible. Right, there is still loads of cycling to do, nonetheless it says allot that we have such time differences after week one, without a single day in the mountains.

Looking forward to read his excellent column in the Indo tomorrow.

Think Sky will be pretty happy with the stage nonetheless. Froome got a bit of time into his main rivals once again. I usually don't give too much about the GC standings after the first week, but just realized now that Froome is already a minute ahead of Contador, two of Quintana, and Nibali even further behind. That's incredible. Right, there is still loads of cycling to do, nonetheless it says allot that we have such time differences after week one, without a single day in the mountains.
I find it difficult to read anything he writes without thinking or saying out loud "oh boo-hoo you, poor Nico"

Top Bottom