Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Also: great ride by Quintana, but what about Warren Barguil? He's looking like the best French prospect at the moment.

And Tejay is quietly making a case for podium contention too.

robertob

Just finished watching the highlights on Eurosport - what a spectacular stage! Absolutely love it. Delighted for Tony Martin, superb move and once in front he was always going to win I felt. The ride is even more brilliant given the problems he had during the stage. Riding a bike which is quite different to his own, getting back into the group after losing connection through the bike change - awesome!

Hats off to Quintana not to lose any time. Didn't look comfortable at all and bit isolated in times? Didn't see many of his team around... but he made it which is the most important fact.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
He was like a petulant child. He should have taken the bike offered to him instead of having a flounce.
He was already behaving raggedly before the team car could get to him, he continued by giving the mechanic grief, sulked his way up the road for a minute or so, unloaded on the team mate who'd stopped and offered his bike. That really isn't how teams work together. Sure, he looked majestic in the Tour de Suisse when it visited Austria, but he was completely on his own. That's not going to happen often in the TdF. Tiboude Pinot.

robertob

Btw. it just sinks in now: Tony Martin in yellow - he's from Cottbus; Andre Greipel in green - he's from Rostock - East Germany rules the Tour! That's pretty cool I have to say as one who's coming from the same part of the country.

Surely better to start making your way until the team car catches up?
Possibly. I'm not sure of the situation at that point now but he'd lost the plot by then and when he initially punctured he was in no man's land, hanging off the back with no prospect of getting back on his own after the puncture so he had to wait for the 2nd group anyhow.

EQS are mental as a team. They have one of the worlds best sprinters to deliver to the line, they have a top ten GC contender, the world champion and the best time trialer in the world and two credible stage winners on any given day. How the hell they prepare for this is beyond me but they all seem to love working for each other.

Foghat

Freight-train-groove-rider
A gripping stage indeed.

However, Liggett's back to bloody "Boysson-Hagen" again. He'd sorted it out a few races ago, but clearly can't help himself.

And apparently, a tailwind is the worst of all winds.......one of yesterday's gems.

They have one of the worlds best sprinters...
CJVc14QUAAA3Z40.jpg

Top Bottom