Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Yes, absolutely, but whereas some teams have been very present or - irrespective of sheer numbers - have made a good job of looking after their leaders, others seem to have dropped away just at the point where things become critical. Difficult to read too much into yesterday, given the cobbled sectors, but if it continues...
The thing is, someone has to make sure the breakaway isn't 6 minutes, or 9, or 15. I've often seen Sky in that position near the beginning of the race when watching live but it never gets in to the highlights (or a brief 'and Sky did some work' mention which doesn't really reflect it). Arguably they should be hoping someone else is doing that (Etixx today I'd imagine) but their ethos does seem to be to do it if no-one else is looking tempted and that appears to be reflected in their numbers come later on. I don't know if it's just poor tactics, or if they work on the idea that they are going to have less people come the end, so they need stronger people. It can't hurt that they focus so specifically on GC, so being able to win the stage isn't important. Well, can't hurt until they lose their GC contenders and then aren't really set up to do anything else, which has happened a bit of late.

Bouhanni has abandoned following a crash

The Couch

Über Member
Thibaut Pinot will never win the TdF - he doesn't have the right temperament for top level bike racing.
Dangerous statement to make (with such a young guy), because personally I do feel he has the climbing skills for it... and in his defense, he seems to have (mostly) worked out his fear for descending in 1 year time, so it shows he has resilience
Anyway... only if a nobber like me remembers this statement of you it won't come back to bite you in the... ;)

By the way, I agree with @Crackle that he had lost too much time already, so he had no way to come back to the first group speeding away and he would be eventually caught by the next group anyway.
He definitely lost his temper, but when you're really going for something is it that abnormal that there is frustration to be seen at the moment that you see your season's goal disappearing? (haven't we seen many other cyclists in the past get angry on their bikes or others riders when things weren't going in their favour?)

Hats off to Quintana not to lose any time. Didn't look comfortable at all and bit isolated in times? Didn't see many of his team around... but he made it which is the most important fact.
Was quite obvious as well that Valverde wasn't in any way bothered to look if Quintana was still around (since he was mostly in the front and Quitana struggling in the back)

RitchieJoe

Assuming you are in the UK, ITV4

Thanks bud....Oh and take that s**t out of your avatar *ducks and runs* :whistle:

The Couch

Über Member
Bouhanni has abandoned following a crash
Funnily enough (?!) his team-mate Edet, who was in the escape was told to let the other guy go and drop back to the peloton so that the full team would be able to be at Bouhanni's side. He was just back in the peloton to hear the team announcing his withdrawal :blush:

Top Bottom