Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
What a great attack by Martin. Superbly timed - good for him

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
'slighly' geeky question...what sort of gear ratios would you guess that the riders used to get up that hill yesterday. I am rarely exicited when watching but I was on the edge of my seat, I was just blown away. And not a bad result either.
http://velonews.competitor.com/2015/07/gallery/pro-bike-gallery-chris-froomes-pinarello-dogma_376761 and last year's specs http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/pro-bike-chris-froomes-pinarello-dogma-f8 makes me think it's 52-38 Osymetric on the front and 11-28t block, then that would be ratios between about 2.7 and 9.5? (38" to 128")

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

bianchi1

Legendary Member
Is Contador tired or just holding back?????

Rode the last 25 k on a broken and buckled wheel according to eurosport

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Why would Sky chase? It's a perfect scenario for them.

Of course. I totally get that, and I'm not saying they should have chased, just that a death-or-glory solo attack like that needs a properly interested peloton going at full pelt to chase it down for maximum dramatic value.

Still, that's not to take away from a brilliant ride by Tony Martin and I'm glad he finally gets the chance to wear the yellow jersey.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
If you want to be at the front of the ten deep crowds on the Champs Elysee you need to get there before the riders even set off from the Depart. Maybe even the night before? I dunno cos we didn't even entertain the idea!

However, we had a great time, just wandering around looking at the crowds / soaking up the amazing atmosphere and watching it all sat on some grass looking at the big screen near the finish line. We also heard Wiggo's success speech, even tho we could not see him .. my advice .. just do it!
x
I went a couple of years ago and didn't have a problem finding a spot by the barriers, though I admit we did walk most of its length. It's great as you get to see them twice as they do the circuits. One day, I'll make it to the mountains for a bit of "slow" action.

Top Bottom