Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Pinot prepares to keep cool
CKG9lXeVEAEkrcZ.jpg
Anyone fancy popping over to Helmet Debates and lobbing in something about the impact absorption characteristics of frozen polystyrene? I've got a massive bag of popcorn I need to use up.

AndyRM

XOXO
Fill your boots (not with ice, that'd be chilly) :okay:

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Luke Rowe cuts to the chase. The presenters, commentators and journalists do their best to avoid the issue and when they are forced to mention "it", fall over themselves to find "TV friendly" phrases such as "nature breaks". Rowe talks about the guys "stopping to take a leak". :laugh:

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
...The presenters, commentators and journalists ... fall over themselves to find "TV friendly" phrases such as "nature breaks"...

That's only because P&P were cycling in the days when Englishmen didn't do un-gentlemanly things like that.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Luke Rowe cuts to the chase. The presenters, commentators and journalists do their best to avoid the issue and when they are forced to mention "it", fall over themselves to find "TV friendly" phrases such as "nature breaks". Rowe talks about the guys "stopping to take a leak". :laugh:
Pause-pipi is the other French version but it sounds too much like P&P for those two to use.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Cav really doesn't seem to care that much about the Green Jersey. I guess he is concentrating on getting to Paris and winning that prestigious final stage...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Luke Rowe is a superstar. I realised it when he took the Tour of Britain stage finish after Cav ended up in a hedge on the right-angle turn into the Norfolk Showground. First, he reportedly had the gumption to tell Wiggo that Sky were riding for him now. Second, he dealt with everyone (most of the crowd, the press, the VIPs) who seemed to have turned up because they'd get to see/meet a smiling Cav winning and dealt with them as lovely as any of the big names on their best days. All power to his legs! Roulez Rowe!

Interesting breakaway today, with serial breakaway artist Thomas de Gendt in there. Do we think Haas is really cooked so early (as Phil seems to believe) or is putting on a show for the cameras in order to save some energy?

Coverage highlight so far for @Marmion is a great two-second shot of the itv results background animation for no obvious reason. Maybe someone in the mixing gallery dozed off and fell onto a wrong button. No new silliness in commentary but all the usual "front end of the main field" and so on.

Top Bottom