Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col1888

Why no accusations of doping against the other GC contenders today ? Cos they all managed to keep up with Froome today ! Such a difference in their performances today, why no suspicion ?

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Dint get why people are reading the nonsense on this clinic site

Amusement.

Also, I'm actually interested to get a broad view of the case against Sky - just on the off chance someone says something genuinely insightful amid the current tide of hate against Froome and Thomas that might give me serious reason to shift from my position of believing them to be clean.

Unfortunately, nothing so far.

The broad gist of the Clinic talk is of a 'transformation' in Thomas from nobody to 'GC contender' (is he really a GC contender though?). Those of us who have been following his career closely since the Barloworld days and were tipping him for greatness as long ago as 2009 aren't so surprised. If anything, it's more of a surprise that he hasn't performed at this level before.

Last edited:

raindog

er.....
Why no accusations of doping against the other GC contenders today ? Cos they all managed to keep up with Froome today ! Such a difference in their performances today, why no suspicion ?
Froome didn't really attack. I reckon Brailsford has told him to throttle back out of respect and to calm all the talk down, but I predict there'll be another hamster-wheel display in the Alps to bag another stage.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
"If someone is fraudulent in a business, wouldn't they be facing a prison term? I don't see how riders taking drugs to win races and lying to their teams is any different. Bang them up and throw away the key!"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38643546

I'd call that fairly unequivocal. OK, so he's older, more experienced and probably less naive now, and he wouldn't be the first cyclist to allow his idealism to succumb to professional pressures, but I have faith that he is stronger than that.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
"If someone is fraudulent in a business, wouldn't they be facing a prison term? I don't see how riders taking drugs to win races and lying to their teams is any different. Bang them up and throw away the key!"
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A38643546

I'd call that fairly unequivocal. OK, so he's older, more experienced and probably less naive now, and he wouldn't be the first cyclist to allow his idealism to succumb to professional pressures, but I have faith that he is stronger than that.

He was right about Cav too...

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
This thread warns of containing nuts. Here's one...:crazy:
bh.png

That was brilliant, good God I do so love the Tour de France.

400bhp

Guru
The talk of doping is boring. They have only done just 3 mountain stages FFS. And in only one of them did Sky put the hammer down. Very clever, they basically scared the rest of the GC shatlass into not attacking yesterday and today.

But they must be doping cos [insert absolutely any reason one can think of, be that from pretending to hold back on a stage to no-one seeing them stopping for a pee mid race]:rolleyes:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Notably absent in the attacks was Teejay. I've just started wondering whether he's simply tagging the Sky lot, and not responding to attacks. Whatever, it's not doing him any harm.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
He's closest to Froome, stay on his tail and hope for a cockup.
I was wondering whether it was more a question of simply staying in touch - ignore the attacks because the likes of GT will drag things back without a sudden change in tempo. So while we've pretty much forgotten about him, all he needs is a decisive attack in one of the last stages of the Alps.

Top Bottom