Tour de France 2015 - may contain nuts and SPOILERS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
He was talking about his consistency being his biggest strength in the rest day interviews.
Consistency.... and fear! His two biggest strengths...

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
Notably absent in the attacks was Teejay. I've just started wondering whether he's simply tagging the Sky lot, and not responding to attacks. Whatever, it's not doing him any harm.

I think, as he's pretty much said himself, that he recognises he can't do these sudden accelerations and is happy to keep a consistent pace knowing it'll keep him there or thereabouts.

Of course that also means he's less likely capable of a decisive attack...

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
Meanwhile, it's nothing but shitz n gigglez in the Team Sky bunch...
Screen Shot 2015-07-17 at 07.43.54.png

I was looking at the points classification and noticed that at the bottom there are five riders who have -5 points.
Anyone know how you can get minus points?
"A number of readers have commented on a curiosity in the points classification in the fight for the green jersey, where some riders actually have negative points. This arises because the organisers impose penalties for various infractions in a number of ways. The most common is a monetary fine, paid in Swiss francs. A harsher penalty is to add time from the rider's GC time, or deduct points from their points tally. If the rider has been particularly naughty, they will be disqualified from the race.

Riders can be penalised in a lot of ways, for example, hanging onto a team car, or taking too many 'bottles' from the director sportif; answering the call of nature in front of the public (when you gotta go, you gotta go); causing another rider to crash, or otherwise riding dangerously in the bunch; hitching a ride to the finish in the Tour director, Christian Prudhomme's car; giving spectators the evil eye, and so on"
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/...jersey-colours-and-prize-money-a-guide-37732/

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
What I've never really understood is why the five riders who are on negative points are listed as being in positions 104-108 - surely they should be in positions 171-175, behind all those riders who are on nul points?

Top Bottom