Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
Anyone else catch the Porte interview on ITV, came across as disrespectful/dismissive of Nairo Quintana to me?

VamP

Banned
Anyone else catch the Porte interview on ITV, came across as disrespectful/dismissive of Nairo Quintana to me?

He described the move by Quintana as ''what was he thinking?'' but pulled short of calling it naïve when prompted. It was a desperate move by Quintana as borne out by the result. I don't think he was being disrespectful.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Well done Froome Dawg!!

Has Kadri even finished yet?? ^_^ I'd love to know what place he comes in.
However (I did say previously that AG2R is my 'guilty pleasure' team, I'm sure we all have them, even though most probably wont want to admit to it:crazy: ) Peraud and Bardet came in 13th and 14th, so not all bad, although they were 2.28 and 2.34 down respectively! :whistle: :reading:

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
well there was lots of talk of dan martin before the tour....

thought schleck did fine today

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
sky jersey very interesting too..... its very holey for want of a better term.... you could see as froome finished and also porte interview its see through.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I know I keep banging on about this but David Lopez, Siutsou and EBH are underperforming iy seems to me. EBH has contested some sprints but he was a lot stronger in support of Wiggins last year. Kimmage may have a point.

I know I keep banging on about this but David Lopez, Siutsou and EBH are underperforming iy seems to me. EBH has contested some sprints but he was a lot stronger in support of Wiggins last year. Kimmage may have a point.
That sky are doping but Lopez, EBH and Suitsou are not? There is plenty of talk about it on other forums but i just don't buy it. They have made too firm a point by removing ex dopers from their set up. I seriously hope nothing fishy is going on, it would be quite literally shite.

Basil.B

Guru
Great stage, pity about the result.
Great ride by Quintana. :thumbsup:
Was gutted when after the advert break he had been caught.
Hope the Tour doesn't turn boring now Sky are leading. :angry:

Those times don't seem correct. Here's a good article for anyone who speaks power. We need to know what Froome's actual time was but even at 23:14, it looks believable.

http://www.sportsscientists.com/2013/07/ax-3-domaines-history-vams-and.html
Yeh i am hearing 23:15 so the time seems right. He does have a rather impressive watts/kg though. He weighs somewhere in the region of 70kg's, more likely 68-69kg's during the Tour. For someone who is 6 foot+ that's pretty light. He must average 6 to 6.5watts/kg up these climbs, when he is at max. To be able to sustain that for 20-30+ minutes is the tricky part. He is clearly in peak fitness and todays result proves that. No reason to suspect anything else imo.

Top Bottom