Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Vuelta a Espana......Not sure who is going to contest this one. I think Nibali as he's had time off, but I doubt Froome will go nor Cadel. I would expect Contador, Valverde and Purito to attend as It's their national tour. Wiggins I seriously doubt attending...but I could be wrong. Maybe he fancies salvaging something from 2013.

If it's anything like last yr then it will be a cracking race.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
True. It all seems a come down after the Tour, for a few weeks at least and them I re-muster my enthusiasm.
We could get all maudlin...

Jens today, all his rivals seemed so far away,
Oh, I believed in Jens today...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
True. It all seems a come down after the Tour, for a few weeks at least and them I re-muster my enthusiasm.
I used to feel like that in the early 90s before I started to get disillusioned by doping in cycling. I still enjoy watching the Tour, but I don't get really excited about it any more.

Stage 2 is actually passing through here next year, within 400 metres of my house and even that is not getting me stirred up. I will go out and take some photos of the peloton passing through, then come home to watch the stage finish on Eurosport. When the Kellogg's Tour came through in the 90s, I went out and cycled up one of the steep climbs before the race got there, to cheers from the gathered spectators!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I used to feel like that in the early 90s before I started to get disillusioned by doping in cycling. I still enjoy watching the Tour, but I don't get really excited about it any more.

Stage 2 is actually passing through here next year, within 400 metres of my house and even that is not getting me stirred up. I will go out and take some photos of the peloton passing through, then come home to watch the stage finish on Eurosport. When the Kellogg's Tour came through in the 90s, I went out and cycled up one of the steep climbs before the race got there, to cheers from the gathered spectators!

Well, feck off out of the TdF thread if you have no interest!^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well, feck off out of the TdF thread if you have no interest!^_^
Are you getting more crotchety with age? I'm sure that I have detected a change in your posting style over the past couple of months! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I didn't say that I have no interest in the Tour - I have just fallen out of love with it. That struck me this year when I forgot to watch the live coverage on the opening stage in Corsica. I would never have made that mistake in the past.

Still tomorrow but already that slight sense of anti-climax is setting in, nothing left in the summer sporting calendar to look forward to.

Agreed. The Confed Cup football, Wimbledon and Tour have all been good to watch this summer.

On the plus side, there will be plenty of free afternoons to get out on our own bikes instead of watching other people on TV!!! :tongue:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Are you getting more crotchety with age? I'm sure that I have detected a change in your posting style over the past couple of months! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I didn't say that I have no interest in the Tour - I have just fallen out of love with it. That struck me this year when I forgot to watch the live coverage on the opening stage in Corsica. I would never have made that mistake in the past.

Maybe, I spend too much time talking to Noodley!

Vuelta a Espana......Not sure who is going to contest this one. I think Nibali as he's had time off, but I doubt Froome will go nor Cadel. I would expect Contador, Valverde and Purito to attend as It's their national tour. Wiggins I seriously doubt attending...but I could be wrong. Maybe he fancies salvaging something from 2013.

If it's anything like last yr then it will be a cracking race.
Contador has already said he will not ride la vuelta. Too lumpy for Wiggins I think. Maybe Porte fancys a crack at it ?

Chris Norton

I'm so glad Quintana got the stage today. He really deserved one after the way he has ridden this tour. I think he will win a GT at some stage without doubt.
Been a superb tour with some memorable moments.
Come on Cav tomorrow!!!! Make it another.

Top Bottom