Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Some better timed attacks would have helped as well.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
It's a long time since the best climber on the Tour got the climber's jersey, but even these days it usually involves a stage win, or at least some convincing climbing

Worth noting that they changed the scoring last year to give extra weight to HC climbs and summit finishes, precisely with the aim of preventing the Virenques and Voecklers of the peloton taking it by hoovering up the intermediate climbs.

I think they can look at this year's winner and say: "Mission accomplie!"

Licramite

Über Member
what is it with the stupid spectators, do they want to cause a crash, why do they behave like utter pratts. - it must piss the riders off something rotten.
watching todays ride, guy lets his dog run into the cyclists path ! another numpty running by the bikes get so close the rider as to push him away.
even spectators behind barriers force the riders to move away from waving flags and arms.

utter crap

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Porte was just superb again. What a star. He was never really going to be in contention for the stage win but he deserves an honorary title of some kind. Great tactics to mark Contador for the second half of the climb.

And then leave him behind when it was clear he was not a threat, to finish well ahead of Roman and Alberto...pure class. I'm sure Chris will pay him back with domestique duties soon. Shame Chris couldn't help him grab a stage, but Porte being a true team player probably wouldn't have gone along with that if there was any risk to the Yellow Jersey.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Ashes, Athletics World Championships, London Anniversary Games, still some more excitement left.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

I'd heard a rumour that the World Athletics events will be competed for by blokes in plimsoles after a sudden attack of mysterious "injuries" - nothing to do with dope tests of course.

Tour de Wallonie stages 3-5 on Eurosport, Monday-Wednesday.

San Sebastian on Saturday, (plus start of Tour of Poland), plus Beverley circuit race..
True. It all seems a come down after the Tour, for a few weeks at least and them I re-muster my enthusiasm.

Top Bottom