Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Sets up a right ding dong next year if Quintana is a team leader, Nibali maybe too.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
What a terrific race anyway. Thrills and spills virtually every day.
Maybe Cav will top it off tomorrow but I'm not as confident as usual.

Yes, maybe 4th but he wouldn't have been allowed to get away yesterday for instance. I can't recall if he was allowed a gap before that?
Don't think so but he did do a lot of team work and yesterday was only 10 seconds

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
FROOOOOOOOOOOOME!

QUINTANAAAAAAAAAAA!

PURITOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Brilliant. That was wonderful. Broad grin across my face for the whole of the final climb. I don't think I could have picked a better final podium - well, maybe it would have been nice to see Mollema in 3rd but I'm happy for Rodriguez to be there.

Porte was just superb again. What a star. He was never really going to be in contention for the stage win but he deserves an honorary title of some kind. Great tactics to mark Contador for the second half of the climb.

Great ride by Talansky too. And Kwiatkowski. And Romain Bardet! Fantastic to see these great young prospects making their mark on the big stage. [edit: and not forgetting Sagan!]

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Where do people think Valverde would have finished, barring his wheel problem?

Outside the podium places. Like Contador, he just didn't have the legs on the really big climbs.

What's more interesting is whether or not Quintana could have won overall if he'd been team leader from the start. He only became main man after that Valverde mechanical and had already lost time to Froome by then because he'd been riding for Valverde.

Top Bottom