Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raindog

er.....
The whole thing is becoming surrealistic though. Cedric Vasseur just described Froome as a "pure rouleur" but how can a "pure rouleur" thrash the best climbers in the world?

beastie

Guru
The whole thing is becoming surrealistic though. Cedric Vasseur just described Froome as a "pure rouleur" but how can a "pure rouleur" thrash the best climbers in the world?
Vasseur is talking shite? Froome has been one of best climbers for last 2 years.

VamP

Banned
Will there be a French stage winner at all this Tour ?

Nope

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Anyone else wonder where Contador's sudden revival of form has come from? He was dropped relatively quickly once the pace went up on AX3 and Ventoux, yet now steams the TT?
I only say this as people were very quick to point the finger at Froome over doping, yet this should be equally suspicious and treated with the same level of scrutiny. In previous days (read Armstrong days) this would be a huge red flag of a Blood Bag done on the rest day!!!

It would seem double standards not to equally question this result by Contador.

VamP

Banned
Revival of form? Really?

I'm giving Contador exactly the same benefit of doubt as I am giving Froome. Both clean until shown otherwise.

But there is definitely a difference between failing to respond to an attack, and riding a consistent power delivery in a TT, so I'm not seeing any inconsistency TBH.

beastie

Guru
but he also got Olympic bronze in the ITT just behind Martin.
Yes he did. He is probably top 5 TT'er and top 3 climber (top 1 climber last 2 weeks). I think Contador, J rod and Valverde are all improving as the tour goes on, and it will be harder for Sky to burn them all with the train. Tomorrow could be absolute carnage from the off.

Top Bottom