Tour de France 2013 *spoilers*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

VamP

Banned
I know I keep saying it, but J Rod is coming.

embrunchorgescarte.jpg

With such a technical course Froome might struggle to put in massive time (edit, although he has reconned the stage). If Sagan finds his climbing legs (tired or resting yesterday?) he could go well given his handling abilities. Should be an exciting TT, good chance of rain showers throughout the day.

The theory is that Froome's descending is only good if he's following a quality wheel. Hence why some expect him not to shine today. I'm not sure myself...

Personally I think Costa might do it again today.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Probably will be eating his steering bar the whole time again...
but I don't see him loosing much (vs. other non-canine GC contenders), he was very good (for his TT skills) in the first TT and this one should suit him much more

Given that he climbs like Wiggo, this one should suit him nicely. But it should suit Contador too... it's going to be an interesting battle between those two today.

suzeworld

Veteran
He needs to be the old Evans, the new one is a bit sluggish. ^_^

I thought Contador's pantomime acting yesterday was great fun.

Froome would be wiser to stay off the moaning/twittersphere. Fair enough to be upset straight after a close call, but rather petulant to be still on about it hours after the event.

The Couch

Über Member
I know I keep saying it, but J Rod is coming.
True, Purito is looking better every day... still today again he will loose a little bit of time I believe, but as long as he could stay within 3m - 3m30 of the podium, there is still enough climbing to go to make up for this

The Couch

Über Member
Froome would be wiser to stay off the moaning/twittersphere. Fair enough to be upset straight after a close call, but rather petulant to be still on about it hours after the event.
And with the huge amount of press around... he probably already said it in about 30 interviews before that ... still, I never mind some stabbing to make it more interesting

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
At the time I didn't pick up the nuances of what was going on. On the replay I saw Bertie shaking his wrist as an excuse, when Froome invited him past in the chase back but I missed it all first time around.

Movistar need to be careful with this pressing on when people crash. They've already had their come 'uppence in a major way this tour but the lesson doesn't seem to have been learnt.
I'm fairly certain I saw him shake his wrist earlier out of Froome's sight. He may well have had a hurty hand from his off. It didn't stop him shaping his hand for a sustained thumbs-up gesture later on, mind.

BTW, I thought Froome's dig at Contador's risk-taking was a bit rich, considering he was chasing to stay on Contador's wheel. ''He was driving so erratically, officer, I almost hit him as I tried to tailgate him...''

The Couch

Über Member
I'll go for Thomas de Gendt.
Yeah, only caveat it that he might also have his mind set on Alpe d'Huez and have a stinker to save some energy (and was pretty knackered yesterday)

The Couch

Über Member
By the way, if the weather is truely going to get bad, Tony Martin might want to switch to a bike with "Intermediates" or "Full Wet" tyres when he changes bike ^_^

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
And with the huge amount of press around... he probably already said it in about 30 interviews before that ... still, I never mind some stabbing to make it more interesting

Y'know, I really think Froome might be deliberately trying to rile Contador, just to unsettle him. Proper Fergie style mind games. This stuff sounds more mischievous than petulant to me.

He gets his girlfriend to do his moaning for him when he's really upset.

suzeworld

Veteran
Commentators say Quintana odd not a great T T-er but he has a limit course and excellent motivation today. I am cheering for him today!

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
In the post race interviews yesterday, Richie Porte said he will just coast round the TT course and Froome intimated that he will do only what is necessary and nothing more. They are saving themselves for the big one tomorrow.

Top Bottom