They've Lost My Frame!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardfm

Veteran
They had been fine up to now. Plaster it with the address of the recipient and yours so there should be no excuse for getting it wrong

Plastering it with two addresses is going to confuse them.

Jameshow

Veteran
Uh, oh! I'm planning to post a bag from Penzance to John o' Groats in a few weeks (LeJog) using Parcelforce, is there another postage service from a post office - does Royal Mail still function?

Anything sounding like a STD avoid!!

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
Update!
Things have progressed. Woodrup have done some detective work and spotted a sale of the frame that they have and contacted the seller. The seller confirmed that it is his frame and that his buyer has my frame. I have seen a picture of it. I have been in touch with the seller via emails and have swapped Parcelforce reference numbers so hopefully they should be able to sort this mess out.
So it seems that 2 bike frames were picked up in Wiltshire and taken to a Parcelforce depot where the wrong address labels were applied. One frame went to Leeds and the other to London.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hopefully Parcelforce do the 'right' thing: resolve it by collecting each from the incorrect address and re-delivering properly.

The 'wrong' thing is that they think "ah, stuff it" and give each a pay-out, leaving each of you with an incorrect item / to resolve it yourselves.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Hopefully Parcelforce do the 'right' thing: resolve it by collecting each from the incorrect address and re-delivering properly.

I once ordered a car headlight that Parcel Farce sent to an address in Bristol, 100 miles away.

PF would have none of it, insisting the box must have been incorrectly addressed, and they washed their hands of it.

The seller arranged for it to be collected and sent on to me, and it arrived...with a PF label with my address on it plain for all to see.

I have little confidence these fools will do anything to assist, but bravo if they do.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I just don't believe it!
It's a Victor Meldrew moment!
I have a reply from PF. They have a phone number but PF Worldwide are asleep at the moment! :angry:
Could I supply them with details of parcel number. Size and description of parcel. Contents, colour, destination, address and contact numbers of recipient.
Description of box . Bl**Dy big and cardboard! Contents my frame red! We know where they are! They are in the wrong places where you delivered them!
We have supplied them with our two complaint reference numbers so if they can't cross reference things ! :angry:

blackrat

I once ordered a car headlight that Parcel Farce sent to an address in Bristol, 100 miles away.

PF would have none of it, insisting the box must have been incorrectly addressed, and they washed their hands of it.

The seller arranged for it to be collected and sent on to me, and it arrived...with a PF label with my address on it plain for all to see.

I have little confidence these fools will do anything to assist, but bravo if they do.

To be fair, over here in the US, cyclists frequently use various forwarding companies to send their bikes across country and over the pond and often enough the item ends up somewhere else. So much so that many now enclose a tracking device inside the bike bag to help recover it when it does go astray.

Last edited:

blackrat

Another point, if I may, I see that Royal Mail and ParcelForce are now owned by an American company; that being so, and due to the reality that posting services in America are dismal, one should not expect any improvement in UK mail deliveries, ever.

By the way, is everything British now owned by foreign concerns? I always liked Altoids - made in Wales I thought, but now I find the firm was bought by an American company, which moved the entire manufacturing equipment to the US, and Altoids are now made in Tennessee. I no longer buy Altoids, the same with Cadbury's. I'm running out of British companies to support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom