They've Lost My Frame!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I thought I would post this on here hoping that someone might know where my frame has gone!
I posted my Woodrup steel frame with Parcelforce 48 the other day. The driver arrived but didn't have the printed labels as requested! The driver said that the labels would be printed and stuck on at the depot.
Last night I looked at the tracking and it said that my frame had arrived and had posted a picture of the box. I thought that the box didn't look like mine so I asked Woodrup if my frame had arrived. A frame had arrived but it was not mine ! Paul Daniels now working in Parcelforce had somehow magically changed a classic steel framed bike into a Cannondale mountain bike . He somehow got the colour right as both frames are red!
So if you had just sent a Cannondale frame with Parcelforce and it has gone missing I might know where it could be !

Drago

Legendary Member
Parcelfarce have gone right down the sh***er lately.

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
The wrong frame is an aluminium framed Cannondale Caad2. I assume that it was an eBay purchase that has been switched with mine . Hopefully they will make a complaint and a person working high up in Parcelforce with half a brain cell might be able to work things out !

T4tomo

Legendary Member
That sucks, although I did recover a dozen bottles of wine that had sat in a hospital goods in for a fortnight after a similar-ish incident, so there is hope.

I thought Woodrup had posted it to you post repair anyway ??

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
That sucks, although I did recover a dozen bottles of wine that had sat in a hospital goods in for a fortnight after a similar-ish incident, so there is hope.

I thought Woodrup had posted it to you post repair anyway ??

They had. I sent it back to them to have a small repair done .
I was adding up the miles the frame had travelled without wheels. 600 miles and counting!
I just hope the Cannondale frame wasn't being exported!

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
I was thinking that this will escalate. If the Cannondale purchase the buyer will raise the matter with eBay and then the seller. The seller will wonder what has happened to their frame a raise it with Parcelforce. So hopefully things should become clear!

All uphill

Still rolling along
So how's your Cannondale project coming on, @Illaveago ?

Chainstays OK?

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
With luck, you wrote your return address on the box. If you did, fingers crossed that whoever received your frame will do the right thing.

No! It had Woodrups address on there. I wish we had printed off our own labels now. The frame has already travelled from Yorkshire to here twice with them so I assumed that they were a safe bet!

OP
OP
Illaveago

Illaveago

Guru
With luck, you wrote your return address on the box. If you did, fingers crossed that whoever received your frame will do the right thing.

The frame was in a large cardboard box. It's not something which you could easily lose so it must have taken a concerted effort on their part to come up with something! Let's put the wrong address labels on ! It's what the French Resistance did on railway goods wagons in WW2 it messed up the Germans system. I only hope that there is a person with one functioning brain cell in Parcelforce to sort the mess out !

Last edited:

blackrat

Uh, oh! I'm planning to post a bag from Penzance to John o' Groats in a few weeks (LeJog) using Parcelforce, is there another postage service from a post office - does Royal Mail still function?

Top Bottom