The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Coooooeeee. 7 deg here and another nice day for us. The last one I think. After today it will be mixed, rain, sunshine yada yada.

Stay safe peeps :hello:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Good morning,
Feel surprisingly fresh after yesterday at the beer festival. Flu jabs later and collect prescription. My telephone consultation with the doctor yesterday morning went well. I had made a list of observations and questions which were comprehensively answered, a prescription issued online, a set of blood tests and an x ray arranged. In the afternoon I had a text from the local pharmacy to say my prescription was ready to collect.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Good morning all.
A cloudy start to the day here.
It's that time of the year, both MrsP and myself have covid jabs booked for this morning.
Dog walk first, then we will cycle up to the clinic and the do stuff in the garden. The green bin was emptied early today.
We will attempt to paint the fence as it is dry enough now. Grass still needs cutting as it didn't dry out enough yesterday.
Our daughter is coming over later this afternoon so I will cobble together some tea, or I might get a Chinese takeaway. Decisions decisions.

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. A beautiful morning here. I plan to spend the day on the allotment. Flu jab first though so I need to shake a leg and head off to the surgery. I also need to pop into the pharmacy to book a Covid jab.

Drago

Legendary Member
IMG_0888.png

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Morning folks :okay: soggy old day here but thats ok as its a rest day. Have been doing 50 mile rides every other day, dont seem to be getting a lot stronger but my endurance is getting better. :okay:

I was like that seven or eight years ago. Sadly, I think I’ve been out about 8 times this year and the longest was probably around 30 miles.

Just checked. 10 rides and the longest was 33.

Chief Broom

Veteran
I was like that seven or eight years ago. Sadly, I think I’ve been out about 8 times this year and the longest was probably around 30 miles.

Just checked. 10 rides and the longest was 33.
I guess we all have phases of enthusiasm ^_^ i havent been walking much and now more adept to pushing pedals rather than striding up hills! I do have a purpose though...i intend in later years to be a local legend and still riding around the highlands at 90+ :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom