The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Breakfast.
I have (almost) decided on a sausage and egg barm.

Just bran flakes for me.

PaulSB

Squire
Good day. I've just spotted I missed eight pages as I started reading yesterday's news! :B)

Today? I've had a good tidy round, watched the end of Nightsleeper and massaged the scar tissue on my knee. Physio says over time this help reduce the tightness and improve flexion.

My PT upped my daily programme at our Friday session. I start with it today along with a new range of physio moves. My buddies have arranged a two tootle round local lanes for Wednesday.

This boy is on the way back :training::bicycle:

Dave7

Legendary Member
Good day. I've just spotted I missed eight pages as I started reading yesterday's news! :B)

Today? I've had a good tidy round, watched the end of Nightsleeper and massaged the scar tissue on my knee. Physio says over time this help reduce the tightness and improve flexion.

My PT upped my daily programme at our Friday session. I start with it today along with a new range of physio moves. My buddies have arranged a two tootle round local lanes for Wednesday.

This boy is on the way back :training::bicycle:

Excellent news. Well done you.

Need to make granola today. That means I’m in competition for the oven with Mrs Optic who’s making Christmas cakes

screenman

Legendary Member
@screenman why should I cry on my own.??
Listening to the radio and they are playing "You Do Something To Me" by Paul Weller.
It was one of my songs for Sue and it hurts.

On a brighter note will still have my sausage and egg barm.

It is hard Dave, like you I am putting on a brave face most of the time, but it slips many times each day. I have had to skip stations three times this morning as certain songs were to upsetting.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Bonjour. Just back from a walk with Molly on Angel Bay. She has fully recovered now and still full of energy, which is nice to see.
I am watching the men's road race in Zurich live on I player at the moment. I think it will be over on BBC2 this afternoon.
I think it is going to be a lazy day for me today in front of the TV , although Mrs G may have other plans. She was talking about doing a bit of wallpapering earlier, which I ignored. The conversion in the West Wing ( that's what we call the garage ) is going very well. I painted the skirting boards and door frame yesterday and finished the platform. Molly likes it and is always on it.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
You will have to pay the fine but can probably avoid points by going on a 'speed awareness' course.
I did one once and have to say it was excellent.

Daughter No3 is an inveterate speeder. She has just been done yet again. She has, apparently, reached the limit of how many Speed Awareness Courses the can do, so, will have to take the points.

Top Bottom