The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Talking to a bloke I used to play with (as a child, not in a pervy way of course! 🧐 :laugh:) yesterday, he told me it was his retirement day, after 49 years of work. He's spent the last 12 years working as a junior school caretaker. He said he's going to spend his retirement doing what he's been doing for a few years now which is volunteer gardening/odd jobbing at a hospice. He lent me his 'industrial' sink plunger a year or so ago to unblock my shower drain. I said the other week that he should ask for the plunger as a keepsake as he said he's had that plunger since he started at the school, but sadly he didn't.:smile:

PaulSB

Squire
You mean blame Mr WD!

Can't work out these "targeted adverts". On a public PC in the local library.
View attachment 743282

The ads on CC are entirely random, not targeted. Clicking from here to the landing page and I get Europcar, Flexiboard, Le Petite Cookie, vrbo, Lloyd Motor Group, WordPress, Boodabike, ajrsuspension.com and Too Far media.........in rapid succession. No wonder Temu pops up as the company blankets the web with advertising.

A good demonstration of how utterly pointless web advertising is.........yet an entire industry seems to be financed by clicks.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The ads on CC are entirely random, not targeted. Clicking from here to the landing page and I get Europcar, Flexiboard, Le Petite Cookie, vrbo, Lloyd Motor Group, WordPress, Boodabike, ajrsuspension.com and Too Far media.........in rapid succession. No wonder Temu pops up as the company blankets the web with advertising.

A good demonstration of how utterly pointless web advertising is.........yet an entire industry seems to be financed by clicks.

Glad I use an ad blocker.

Morning. It’s dark and only 6 degrees here but another nice dry day to come. The car could do with a run so might head through to Comrie and do a walk from there for a change.

PaulSB

Squire
Glad I use an ad blocker.

Morning. It’s dark and only 6 degrees here but another nice dry day to come. The car could do with a run so might head through to Comrie and do a walk from there for a change.
I rarely, if ever, notice them. It was only classic's post that caught my attention.

The ads that really wind me up are the "Sponsored" emails Google delivers straight to my Inbox. I take delight in deleting them all, though I wish they'd never arrived.

screenman

Legendary Member
Any crossword lovers? A great clue in today's Guardian:

"Cleric that's bisexual in front of retail outlet"

Made me smile.......🤣 Simple minds

That is good.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
The car temperature gauge said it was only 5 degrees.

A very pleasant slow jog done in zone 2 heart rate. Went along the cycle path that goes from Comrie to St Fillans. Very peaceful and the sun appeared through the early morning mist. Only met one guy out with his dogs who I think lives along the track somewhere. I was a bit wary at first as it was 3 bounding German Shepherds but they were friendly thankfully. I just slowed to a walk and spoke to them and let them sniff my hands and they seemed happy. He did say he doesn’t usually see people out so early so probably wasn’t expecting to meet anyone.

Top Bottom